Beware - El Centro Motors (CA) - Demo Unit for Sale

SayHova

So, after two Jaguar I-Pace's bit the dust around 6k miles each, we decided to embrace the blue oval.
However, we didn't want to order and wait as we need a car sooner than later. Enter El Centro Motors. They're selling a store demo Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range (White/Grey) for "only" $995 above sticker. (Advertised as $4k over but folded upon asking).

After negotiating the deal, but before running credit, I flew down from SF to San Diego yesterday, rented a car, and drove the two hours to El Centro to pick up the pony. When I arrived all seemed fine, until I started her up. Mileage was nearly 4,000! After being advertised as 1700. This was never disclosed and borders on fraudulent.

Upon asking repeatedly before flying down, I was told the mileage was "a few hundred more than the posted number" since folks continued to test drive.

I explained that this was a shifting of the goalposts, to which they offered $400 as compensation. I replied that it's much cheaper to fly back home than to spend $60k from an unscrupulous business.

So, our search for a vehicle continues please let other Mustang Mach-E enthusiasts beware!
Sponsored

Crespokid

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - CR1 Shadow Black
Country flag
So, after two Jaguar I-Pace's bit the dust around 6k miles each, we decided to embrace the blue oval.
However, we didn't want to order and wait as we need a car sooner than later. Enter El Centro Motors. They're selling a store demo Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range (White/Grey) for "only" $995 above sticker. (Advertised as $4k over but folded upon asking).

After negotiating the deal, but before running credit, I flew down from SF to San Diego yesterday, rented a car, and drove the two hours to El Centro to pick up the pony. When I arrived all seemed fine, until I started her up. Mileage was nearly 4,000! After being advertised as 1700. This was never disclosed and borders on fraudulent.

Upon asking repeatedly before flying down, I was told the mileage was "a few hundred more than the posted number" since folks continued to test drive.

I explained that this was a shifting of the goalposts, to which they offered $400 as compensation. I replied that it's much cheaper to fly back home than to spend $60k from an unscrupulous business.

So, our search for a vehicle continues please let other Mustang Mach-E enthusiasts beware!
Drop a BBB complaint.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Sorry you ran into a bad salesperson/dealer. I would have walked out, as well.

The Quiet Man

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 MINI Cooper S, Grabber Blue Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Having a good time ?
Country flag
Sorry you had to deal with such a sleez bang dealer!
Congratulations for walking away!!! Too bad you wasted you time and money.

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
From SF to the Imperial Valley ... I hope you enjoyed the heat.
Sponsored