Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
They're talking about the black rectangle around the car in the top 360 view.

1603376882072.png
are you sure? I thought the original question was about these bits (circled [badly] in green);
Ford Mustang Mach-E Bird Eye View black square 1603381617200

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
The two in the back are humans standing at the corners. Can't tell what the front one is, but clearly something is there. You have to remember these pictures are coming from or just below waste height to the ground. The fact that it looks like it comes from over head is a bit of image trickery.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The two in the back are humans standing at the corners. Can't tell what the front one is, but clearly something is there. You have to remember these pictures are coming from or just below waste height to the ground. The fact that it looks like it comes from over head is a bit of image trickery.
Absolutely. Just was going back to make sure we're all talking about the same "black squares" since it seemed the thread was talking about two different things at the same time.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
are you sure? I thought the original question was about these bits (circled [badly] in green);
I guess the OP will need to answer that, but they asked about the "black square" (singular) around the car. The black rectangle surrounding the car is what that meant to me.

OP
OP

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
I guess the OP will need to answer that, but they asked about the "black square" (singular) around the car. The black rectangle surrounding the car is what that meant to me.
Hi all, I was meaning the black square around the car itself. I realize that the stretched bird eye image is going to have stretched appearing sides because of the camera placement. I just hope they make that box around the car a different color, possibly grey since the black box stands out so much and most of the garages and pavement has more grey than black to help it disappear from that camera view.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Would I? No, I'm just explaining what I think the black rectangle is. I don't have a problem with it.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My wife’s Hyundai Palisade top down view looks so much better than this. I am hoping they improve it for final version.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Hi all, I was meaning the black square around the car itself. I realize that the stretched bird eye image is going to have stretched appearing sides because of the camera placement. I just hope they make that box around the car a different color, possibly grey since the black box stands out so much and most of the garages and pavement has more grey than black to help it disappear from that camera view.
It is important to know what the camera's can't see, if there is a high concrete curb it can damage your bumper, so better to realize by seeing a black box...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Bird Eye View black square C6FFBF27-9979-431C-8FD0-09563227B290

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I am just happy to have the stimulated top view in the first place. Never had that before in any of my vehicles so the black area around the car should be something I can live with.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I am just happy to have the stimulated top view in the first place. Never had that before in any of my vehicles so the black area around the car should be something I can live with.
It is really helpful parking in tight spots and not over running a concrete curb or concrete stopper and in making sure you are with in the left and right lines. I have it in one of my vehicles and I like it much. Never noticed any black areas though but the software these days make the birds eye look realistic or simulate the surroundings well.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Where are the cameras for the side views? I looked and couldn’t find them. Just the front and rear cameras.
Sponsored