mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I was looking on Autotrader to find the closest Mach-E, and found a listing with black wheels. I have not seen one with black wheels before. I think they must painted them. I think the car looks really good with black wheels but I know many people don't like black wheels.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Black Wheels on White Mach-E 1614643795171

Ford Mustang Mach-E Black Wheels on White Mach-E 1614643968509

Ford Mustang Mach-E Black Wheels on White Mach-E 1614643825867

Ford Mustang Mach-E Black Wheels on White Mach-E 1614643847243

Ford Mustang Mach-E Black Wheels on White Mach-E 1614643872990

Ford Mustang Mach-E Black Wheels on White Mach-E 1614643900826

Ford Mustang Mach-E Black Wheels on White Mach-E 1614643936117

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Looks good. Love black wheels. (See avatar)

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
I don’t get it. You basically can’t see the wheels now. How is that attractive? Wheels look good when they are big and shiny. Period.

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
I don’t get it. You basically can’t see the wheels now. How is that attractive? Wheels look good when they are big and shiny. Period.
Oooh. You typed "period" after an actual period. That really must be the end of it. OK, case closed boys. ?

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ford has some of the best looking gloss-black wheels on the gasoline Mustang's Performance Pack. I wish they'd have offered both a Performance Pack and the gloss black wheels here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Black Wheels on White Mach-E 1614686553575

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How about with a carbonized gray exterior? I agree with Richard, with a white exterior the wheels seem to disappear. It looks much better with gray exterior. (BTW - I just copied the wheels from the white car to the gray car using Autotrader images.)

Grey Mach-E Black Wheels.jpg

Grey Mach-E Standard Wheels.jpg

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
I'm thinking of going black wheels on my RR premium

Not sure which to choose but likes these so far

20210310_090349_HDR.jpg

20210310_085906.jpg

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm thinking of going black wheels on my RR premium

Not sure which to choose but likes these so far

Ford Mustang Mach-E Black Wheels on White Mach-E 20210310_085906

Ford Mustang Mach-E Black Wheels on White Mach-E 20210310_085906
Those look really good, and are similar to the GT wheels. What site are you using? I checked Tire Rack and they don't have wheels for the Mach-E yet. BTW - the highway range with those wheel will probably be negatively impacted. They don't look as aerodynamic as the stock wheels. Highway range is really important for the way I plan to use the car.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Those look really good, and are similar to the GT wheels. What site are you using? I checked Tire Rack and they don't have wheels for the Mach-E yet. BTW - the highway range with those wheel will probably be negatively impacted. They don't look as aerodynamic as the stock wheels. Highway range is really important for the way I plan to use the car.
If Im not mistaken those are TSW wheels. Just be careful the weight cause I think those are 32lbs, so heavier than stock

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
How about with a carbonized gray exterior? I agree with Richard, with a white exterior the wheels seem to disappear. It looks much better with gray exterior. (BTW - I just copied the wheels from the white car to the gray car using Autotrader images.)
I think the best combination would be black wheels with black exterior :)

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag

It's on CanadaWheels

I like the look... But need to confirm weight and load rating.

As for aerodynamic, yes it would impact... But what would it actually translate into on the amount of km or miles.... Probably not that much in the end

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's on CanadaWheels

I like the look... But need to confirm weight and load rating.

As for aerodynamic, yes it would impact... But what would it actually translate into on the amount of km or miles.... Probably not that much in the end
I think if your normal use case is local driving, out and back home daily, the decreased range won't be significant. For me, however, it will be. I have been oscillating back and forth between the AWD and RWD, because of the extra 30 miles of RWD range. I keep coming back to the fun factor, and the AWD fun factor is significant to me. That said, my pre-COVID commute is 150 miles one way, all highway. So highway range is very important. Anything that decreases highway range without a significant side benefit will be hard for me to justify to myself.

Ford did a great job with the stock wheels, much better than most car companies. Look at the Tesla base stock wheels - they look horrible. The Premium Mach-E wheels look good. If I paint them black, there will be no range impact. If I replace them, almost surely there will be a negative range impact. For me, it is not worth it since the Premium stock wheels do look good. I am still debating with myself regarding whether or not black looks better or not. I hate debating with myself. ;-)
Sponsored