uclavic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD ER
Country flag
Those of us with Costco credit cards are supposed to earn 4% in cashback rewards for EV charging and gas purchases. I just enabled the Blue Oval Network for the plug and charge capability and have a bunch of charges from Ford on my Costco card, but they are being credited at 1% cashback. Is there anyway to submit a request to Ford to get their payment processing system to correctly charcterize these charges? If disabled the Blue Oval Network for the time being, but with the release of the Tesla adapter it says you must use the Blue Oval Network to access a Tesla Supercharger.

I don't require a fastcharger that often, but I'd like to just have it work rather than having to turn on or off the Blue Oval Network depending on where I'm charging at.
Sponsored

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
As a Costco card owner, I had to dig into it and found a post from a few years ago on another forum...but I am not allowed to post it here for some reason... I suspect because its a competing site....not sure why that's a thing, this one is far better. I PM'ed you instead.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Those of us with Costco credit cards are supposed to earn 4% in cashback rewards for EV charging and gas purchases. I just enabled the Blue Oval Network for the plug and charge capability and have a bunch of charges from Ford on my Costco card, but they are being credited at 1% cashback. Is there anyway to submit a request to Ford to get their payment processing system to correctly charcterize these charges? If disabled the Blue Oval Network for the time being, but with the release of the Tesla adapter it says you must use the Blue Oval Network to access a Tesla Supercharger.

I don't require a fastcharger that often, but I'd like to just have it work rather than having to turn on or off the Blue Oval Network depending on where I'm charging at.
I noticed the exact same thing too!

1% was the amount being credited back using Ford's BOCN.

Switched back to Ford VISA issue by FNBO for 3%.

Travlcub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Corporate Travel Consultant
Country flag

My guess is Costco is thinking it’s a 3rd party. If you use the chargers app I’m guessing you’ll get the 3%

ocdxfv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Toyota Rav4 EV
Occupation
Retired radiology tech
Country flag
I get the Costco 4% with ChargePoint and EA when using their app. Will I get it when I use the Tesla app? Time will tell.

OP
OP

uclavic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD ER
Country flag
As a Costco card owner, I had to dig into it and found a post from a few years ago on another forum...but I am not allowed to post it here for some reason... I suspect because its a competing site....not sure why that's a thing, this one is far better. I PM'ed you instead.
Thanks for the PM. I figure I'm just going to charge through the app instead of using Plug N Charge. It's not like its that inconvenient plus I just don't take that many long trips that require me to use a fast charger all that often.
Sponsored