BlueCruise issues - advice appreciated

ConejoRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Route 1 Mach-E, Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
UPDATE: Epic fail on Ford's part so far with getting the car updated with Blue Cruise via the dealer. All was going well at first as I got a call from Justin G. at Ford saying he had been given my case to get me set up with the dealer to install Blue Cruise at no cost. Said to make an appointment and let him know when it was and he would call the dealer to give them the authorization and sent me an email with the CASE number. Told me to email him the date which I did (he also followed up with another call asking for the date after apparently missing the email I sent with it). Said he would call the dealer and speak with them to give them the approval. Went to drop off the car today and they had no approval (I did email and call Justin G. twice over the last two days to confirm with no answer). The dealer tried to call Justin G. with no answer and then waited and spoke to another representative and that rep said she could not authorize it herself and only Justin G. could. The dealer said we could leave it there, but until they got authorization they would not work on it and it could then be a few days before they could get to it once they did so decided not to leave it since who knows how long it will take @Ford_Motor_Company to get their act together! Now just waiting to see if Justin G. ever answers my (or the dealer's) voicemails/emails and then will need to reschedule the appointment on another day and take additional time off work to drop/pick it up. Don't know why they could not just have put the authorization details in the CASE file so that another representative could have looked it up and given it to the dealer when we called this morning.

I guess we will see how long it takes for Ford to get the dealer the approval and how long it will take to reschedule the appointment as it is an all-day job....
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

sstanzyk

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your situation but it was similar to mine when I went to the dealer. They wouldn't install without authorization and at the time, Ford indicated my Bluecruise had expired. I did get some help from others in this forum and somehow got prioritized for Bluecruise to be delivered over the air. It took two updates but was a seamless upgrade.

ConejoRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CA Route 1 Mach-E, Chevrolet Volt
Country flag
I would be happy if they just sent them OTA, but ours have been very slow in coming. I did finally get 2.7.3 on 11/17 (which according to the wiki was released in May 2022) and we had already had the dealer do the HVJB update so that is how far behind I seem to be. I seem to maybe get one every 3-4 months or so.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the 2021 year and still waiting on Bluecruise.
‘My dealer stated they cannot install the update from Ford .
‘Told others are also waiting.
Over the air update failed last year , a message error said see your dealer

OP
OP

sstanzyk

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. My dealer wasn't helpful either but I finally got the over-the-air update some time ago. It works but I can't say I use it all that often. I don't entirely trust it, so I keep my hands on the wheel anyway.
Sponsored