Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Try setting lane centering to high. IACC is pretty solid in the lane with centering set to high.
Didn’t know this was an option. Thanks. I’ll set that and try it on my way back this afternoon
Sponsored

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Try setting lane centering to high. IACC is pretty solid in the lane with centering set to high.
I checked and I could only find a sensitivity setting for lane keeping. Was that what you meant, or is it hidden somewhere else?

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I checked and I could only find a sensitivity setting for lane keeping. Was that what you meant, or is it hidden somewhere else?
That would be the one!

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Used BlueCruise for the first time heading to Daytona and back. Worked flawlessly... but there were some minor hiccups

1) If a "Fast and the Furious" car weaves in and out it can cause the follow system to dynamically adjust when in reality most calm/sensible drivers "stay the course" and let this aggressive driver zip between cars. i.e A F&F car zips in front of me, BC slow down to keep the follow distance, then F&F car zips away, BC then speeds up to maintain follow distance. Minor.

2) While I'm on the right side nearing a merge, if the car ahead of me changes lanes to the left and the merging car arrives a moment later... I experience BC accelerating (since the car move to the left - there is empty space ahead) into the merging car (BC wasn't predicting the path of this merging car.. .it just reacted at the last second).

Overall BC works well and didn't nag me as much as I expected. I was able to be hands-off for 20+ minutes which surprised me - as long as I looked ahead. On the return leg, I was actually able to snack and have a few sips of a drink. It was much easier with BC than if I had to manually drive.
Sponsored