JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Our dealership has their own car wash on site. I'm sure they just run the new cars through that and hand dry (they also run your car through it when you drop it off for service).
Sponsored

OP
OP
hag911

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What route did they use to ship the Bronco Sport?
It only took 13 days to get her. The window sticker says it shipped by rail. I'm not sure what route it followed. But since the Hermosillo plant also makes Escapes and my dealer sells lots of those I'm pretty sure they didn't have to wait to fill up transports. There was another 1st Edition Model next it. They already had 3 other versions of the Bronco Sport on the lot.

OP
OP
hag911

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hopefully they wash it for you
Yeah I was thinking the same thing but we got about 3.5 inches of rain on Christmas so I'm guessing the Mexican dust has washed off. It would have been fun test driving it if we had gotten 2 feet of snow instead.

OP
OP
hag911

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You don't want them running your brand new car through an automatic car wash.
The main dealership in RI has brushless car wash. They wash every car after it's serviced. The Mass dealership has bay with a bucket, sponge, and hose.

OP
OP
hag911

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So on Christmas Eve (I missed the email) I got an email that my Bronco Sport FE had shipped.
I ordered it on a lark, told my dealer I changed my mind and go ahead and cancel it, but they didn't . They will have no problem selling a FE in Area 51 - wonder if they will add ADM.

Anyway, showing 5 weeks shipping by rail.

Three emails on this car to me . . . Scheduled, built, shipped.

Zero emails on my Mach E.

Same email address, but they did cancel my premium to change to a FE (A week before Mach Drop) so somehow they can't tie the two together. (My Mach E is in production according to the VIN)
Same here... With the Mach e I've initiated every contact with my dealer. Now the Bronco shows up and they want us to buy it this week so it counts this months/years financials. It's nice but I'm not sure I want it. It's smaller than I'd like. I thought it would be the size of a Ranger. Plus my wife loves her Fusion, and really likes the Ecosport "yuck!"
Sponsored