In Transit vs. Shipped

willowma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER AWD on order
Country flag
Still very confused about this. My Primary Status changed to In Transit at the same time as my ETA was moved back out to Sept 16 to 22. Looking back at other threads it seems the car could be on a train, waiting for a train or maybe still waiting for a chipped component.
Big question is whether I should wait for, or still even expect, Shipped Status / email from Ford before getting insurance quotes? Or whether it could arrive early with no interim communication or change in status.
Sponsored

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Still very confused about this. My Primary Status changed to In Transit at the same time as my ETA was moved back out to Sept 16 to 22. Looking back at other threads it seems the car could be on a train, waiting for a train or maybe still waiting for a chipped component.
Big question is whether I should wait for, or still even expect, Shipped Status / email from Ford before getting insurance quotes? Or whether it could arrive early with no interim communication or change in status.
You don't need the vehicle for getting insurance quotes. Especially with your current insurer, it takes only a few clicks.

Unless there is a confirmed ship date, I would assume the vehicle is still at the plant. My order has a build date a bit behind yours and is in the same situation. My only surprise is that my ETA date range hasn't been pushed out, even if the vehicle is shipped today there is no way for it to get here by the last week of August.

Tanwin

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion & Mach E
Country flag
Mine says in transit. Production was 7/9. Hasn’t been shipped. I called and was told that it was waiting for a chip

OP
OP

willowma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine says in transit. Production was 7/9. Hasn’t been shipped. I called and was told that it was waiting for a chip
Guess I'm still confused. What does In Transit mean then? There seem to be some posts that indicate some vehicles stayed In Transit until they arrived at dealer. Does everyone get a ship date posted?

Tanwin

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion & Mach E
Country flag
Guess I'm still confused. What does In Transit mean then? There seem to be some posts that indicate some vehicles stayed In Transit until they arrived at dealer. Does everyone get a ship date posted?
Ford Mustang Mach-E In Transit vs. Shipped 6EB0F4BC-A114-4D4A-BDD4-B688BB23A432

mine says in transit but doesn’t have a check mark next to shipped.Estimated delivery was 8/24 then moved to 10/32. So it is built but just parked and waiting. I’m assuming when they actually ship it, I’ll have a checkmark next to the shipped button. It does say in transit at the top but I guess there’s no in between for the tracker

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E In Transit vs. Shipped 6EB0F4BC-A114-4D4A-BDD4-B688BB23A432

mine says in transit but doesn’t have a check mark next to shipped.Estimated delivery was 8/24 then moved to 10/32. So it is built but just parked and waiting. I’m assuming when they actually ship it, I’ll have a checkmark next to the shipped button. It does say in transit at the top but I guess there’s no in between for the tracker
In transit and shipped are synonymous. Your car will stay in that status until the dealer takes delivery of it. Once the dealer has it, a checkmark will appear on "shipped."

Tanwin

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion & Mach E
Country flag
In transit and shipped are synonymous. Your car will stay in that status until the dealer takes delivery of it. Once the dealer has it, a checkmark will appear on "shipped."
I get that. But I never received notice that it was shipped. When I called they said that it was built and waiting for a chip. Then it would be shipped. It was on listed as in transit for at least two weeks when they told me that. Also, when. I log into my Ford account under reservations, it doesn’t even have a check more next to built. That pages still says in production.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Mine is "In Transit," not checked for "Shipped," but a Vehicle Visibility Report showed it being put on a train to move to some holding area, but then it somehow appeared back at the plant again with a Waiting For Chip status. It's all very non-linear.

Tanwin

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion & Mach E
Country flag
That's odd to me. "In transit" should show "built" checked off which means no more parts...waiting for a ride across the border and then to you!
That’s what I thought. I got so excited when I saw it but never received the shipped email. When the eta got pushed back to 10/31 I called and customer service said it needed a chip. I haven’t received an updated since then. I’ve been checking palsapp as well and it still says pending.

OP
OP

willowma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally got a ship date of August 10 and status on Ford.com finally shows Shipped with the same Sept 16 - 22 ETA at dealer. Primary status is still In Transit on trackers.
IB 4X ordered 2/23, Production Date 6/26, Built (Release Date) 7/16, ETA went from 8/17 to 10/31 to 9/4 to 9/22 when primary status changed to In Transit and has stayed there.
Finally hoping it gets here early, but status in Palsap is still null.

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Death, taxes and bad email/ web site updates from Ford on your MME is what you can expect. Read up on threads more, you'll probably get a email with more date slips to the right then all of a sudden the dealer will call and say it showed up that day. My dealer called me at 9AM and said should be on lot at 5PM the same day. Good luck and ignore Ford emails and status, call dealership and ask for help

Tanwin

First Name
Taryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion & Mach E
Country flag
Finally got a ship date of August 10 and status on Ford.com finally shows Shipped with the same Sept 16 - 22 ETA at dealer. Primary status is still In Transit on trackers.
IB 4X ordered 2/23, Production Date 6/26, Built (Release Date) 7/16, ETA went from 8/17 to 10/31 to 9/4 to 9/22 when primary status changed to In Transit and has stayed there.
I still haven’t gotten anywhere. I went to the dealer and he said he saw conflicting messages. It’s listed as shipped but still had a message that says waiting for chip. He said it phoebes with the F150 that someone ordered and their car showed up two days later. I wish they would be more clear with the updates.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Good for you! My order has a build date 3 weeks behind yours, hopefully it will be shipped at the end of August at this pace...
Sponsored