bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
It looks like Ford has decided to take a much different approach to ordering with the Ford Bronco. You will not be able to order online. You have to do it with the dealer. Ford will offer the configurator but the dealer is ordering.

There have been problems with the online ordering for the Mach E but this is a step back for buying a car.

Ford-Logo.png
BRONCO CUSTOMER FOLLOW‑UP
fb27c311246175b64d4d2309b5e258fd.png
Hello,
Thank you again for your interest in the all‑new 2021 Ford Bronco and for reserving one of your very own.* We’re humbled by the tremendous demand we’ve received and are excited to get you your Bronco as soon as we can. We know everyone is eager to hear more details about their reservation, so below is an update on next steps.
First, the Bronco Build & Price configurator on For‌d‌.‌com will open in mid‑October, so you will soon be able to configure your dream Bronco. We encourage you to explore the various series, options and colors to get your build just right. This will be an important tool as you prepare for placing your formal order.
Then, December through January, your selected dealer will be reaching out to schedule an order consultation when you will place your order for production and finalize your purchase price. Be sure to save your configuration from For‌d‌.‌com to share with your dealer. Expect your dealer to request a deposit to confirm your commitment, which will enable us to accurately schedule production. No worries if you’re not the first to place an order, as your reservation time stamp will stay with your order.
In late 1st quarter, we will be communicating an estimated delivery window based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. Throughout the process, we will keep you updated on the status of your order by sending emails when your vehicle is ordered, scheduled for production, built and shipped. Additionally, there will be regular newsletters to share news and updates on all things Bronco.
If you have any questions, please contact your Ford Dealer for assistance.
Thank you,

The Ford Bronco Team

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Now I read that as you still do the process online like the Mach-E but the dealer will help walk you through the order submission. Which makes sense because the bronco configuration is vastly more complex than the Mach-E. This should ensure that your order is exactly what you intended.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Now I read that as you still do the process online like the Mach-E but the dealer will help walk you through the order submission. Which makes sense because the bronco configuration is vastly more complex than the Mach-E. This should ensure that your order is exactly what you intended.
Correct they are going to have a 1 on 1 and look over all the options to make sure it's correct on the bronco. So many different setups on the bronco.

OP
OP
bluestarct

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Given that the first sales person at my dealership didn't even know that Mach E GT orders couldn't be made until December does not give me a lot of hope and faith in the dealers. I had to explain to him three times that GT models would be opened to order in December.

If Ford wants you to go through the dealers to finalize an order, then Ford needs to spend a lot more and do a lot better job of training their dealers. Ford's execution on the Mach E was lacking and the Bronco will have 10 times the customers trying to order.

I don't want to go into a dealership unless it is time to pick up my vehicle. There will be dealers that insist that you come in so they can "walk you through it".
Sponsored