Bronco Thoughts?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I’m surprised the Bronco Sport is stuck with Sync 3. Maybe it has to do with screen size.
I suspect this could be down to the sport being based on the escape, in time everything will be moving to sync 4 but with the escape only having just come out it is probably down the pecking order for when it gets updated to sync 4.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Ford nailed it with both the Bronco and Bronco Sport, and as much as I would love to see a BEV version, in reality, I think a PHEV version would make much more sense for this type of vehicle.

And ? ? ? for Cyber Orange!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Interesting . . . I just looked and the FE Bronco Sport still is open for reservations. The regular Bronco sold out quickly of the FE reservations. The Sport would make a lot more sense if we end up considering this vehicle. Still on the fence and this one I do want to see in person.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Actually the perfect PHEV version of the Bronco would be to cram the new F-150's hybrid powertrain into it including the 7.2kW power source!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
And . . . My dealer just called me because the order bank is open. One day after the reservations. He was excited to get this order too and told me we should go ahead and order it. If I don’t want it he will have NO problem selling it. I think they learned a lot from the MME process.

AmyJ

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
This vehicle looks like a home run for Ford. LOVE the color pallette too. This thing is sweet. Now, can I talk my wife into a Bronco? She is already tired of all my Mach E. talk.
Omg my husband is sooooo completely over me and car talk! And I’m a girl!!!! I inherited that from my dad. I love cars and I love Ford as my dad worked for them while I was growing up until his Multiple Sclerosis ended his working career in 1989. He now loves all my interest and updates! I cancelled my ME reservation, bought the 2020 Escape Titanium in Rapid Red ( very sweet by the way!) and now was looking at the GT Mach E....and then the Bronco happened! Lol. I initially was waiting for it before Covid hit. I’m ridiculous, banks will love me but if we have all learned anything...life is short, we work hard so we should play hard! And I’m an empty nester soooo WHY NOT DRIVE FUN CARS! Lol.

AmyJ

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
You must mean the regular Bronco. It let me reserve a sport First Edition this morning. This is one we will test drive before deciding, but I figured for $100 refundable we can decide. The wife liked the sport in that Area 51 blue. And it HAS a trailer hitch!
Your wife has great taste! The Area 51 color is AWESOME!!!!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Omg my husband is sooooo completely over me and car talk! And I’m a girl!!!! I inherited that from my dad. I love cars and I love Ford as my dad worked for them while I was growing up until his Multiple Sclerosis ended his working career in 1989. He now loves all my interest and updates! I cancelled my ME reservation, bought the 2020 Escape Titanium in Rapid Red ( very sweet by the way!) and now was looking at the GT Mach E....and then the Bronco happened! Lol. I initially was waiting for it before Covid hit. I’m ridiculous, banks will love me but if we have all learned anything...life is short, we work hard so we should play hard! And I’m an empty nester soooo WHY NOT DRIVE FUN CARS! Lol.
Yup. My dad was a Ford retiree too. He passed away in 2006. I was spoiled by the A and Z plan while he was alive. Now I have to grovel for the X plan. He too instilled in me the love of Ford - he always felt the company treated him right and raised his family.

AmyJ

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yup. My dad was a Ford retiree too. He passed away in 2006. I was spoiled by the A and Z plan while he was alive. Now I have to grovel for the X plan. He too instilled in me the love of Ford - he always felt the company treated him right and raised his family.
I’m so sorry about your dad. He taught you well! I haven’t used my plans as I should have. My Escape is the first in a long time. My husband used it too last year for his F150. It’s amazing the little lessons we learn from them. I don’t think my dad ever thought I’d be the girl who loves cars! It’s those little things we hang on to and smile when it makes you remember them !

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My guess is that since Rivian is a Ford partner (and Ford is a Rivian investor) there probably won't be an openly competitive vehicle. OTOH, Ford might well tap Rivian to assist with the engineering if there is ever to be a BEV Bronco.
Or maybe using the VW MEB platform, has they are very friendly with them too.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey finally ford.ca finally arrives in the 21st century. I've check this morning for the Bronco for the fun of it and guess what, it's all there the online reservation the configurator and the prices of course. We had to wait months before we could get that for the Mach-E when all this was in place at the end of June beginning of July, almost 7 months after the reveal. Congratulation Ford Canada, you are learning ;)

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I would be surprised if every new line launch wont include an EV version, akin to how the MME is positioned...It would be a fantastic move to do so - maybe they are waiting on how the F150 EV pans out before releasing the EV platform across brands/icons....

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Your wife has great taste! The Area 51 color is AWESOME!!!!
She has been saying for years that she wants a Range Rover. She just loves that style. I wouldn't buy one (even when Ford owned them) because they weren't a Ford, and, well, they are EXPENSIVE. These new Broncos have that style that the Range Rovers have, in great colors, with the utility of a Jeep. I really think Ford is now hitting on all cylinders (or electrodes) with their direction. I would have considered getting my MME in Area 51 or that Cactus color.
Sponsored