Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
My Premium SR RWD Carbonized Grey Mach-E, also known as Bullet, is in the chamber (at the dealer). They were getting it locked and loaded tonight so I can pull the trigger tomorrow morning.

Okay I'm done.

Going to put it to the test immediately. For those that remember, my mom was diagnosed with brain cancer Christmas Eve. She passed away this morning. My dad loves EV tech and talks about it all the time but there aren't many in Tulsa except Tesla's. He calls me to let me know anytime he sees a Bolt or an i3 around town. I'll be riding Bullet from DFW to Tulsa to spend some time with him and distract him a bit with the new E-Pony.

Pictures to come soon.
My sympathies on your loss. I hope that the Mustang Mach E can help you and your dad build some great new memories together.
Sponsored

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
My Premium SR RWD Carbonized Grey Mach-E, also known as Bullet, is in the chamber (at the dealer). They were getting it locked and loaded tonight so I can pull the trigger tomorrow morning.

Okay I'm done.

Going to put it to the test immediately. For those that remember, my mom was diagnosed with brain cancer Christmas Eve. She passed away this morning. My dad loves EV tech and talks about it all the time but there aren't many in Tulsa except Tesla's. He calls me to let me know anytime he sees a Bolt or an i3 around town. I'll be riding Bullet from DFW to Tulsa to spend some time with him and distract him a bit with the new E-Pony.

Pictures to come soon.
Sorry for your loss, hope your mother's spirit can live on in that car with you and your dad.

Sureshot125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X Premium
Country flag

Okay I'm done.

Pictures to come soon.
None of the emojis on here quite fit, but I’m sorry for your loss my friend. I hope you can find some comfort in the new ride.

Benken

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE, 2019 Q5, 2006 999, 2012 Diavel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Okay I'm done.

Pictures to come soon.
So very sorry for your loss. Too bad your mom didn’t get to see Bullet. I sure she would be happy for you. Good luck and take care of your Dad.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Okay I'm done.

Pictures to come soon.
So sorry to hear of your loss - glad the MME will be a good distraction

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Enjoy the time with your Dad. My condolences on the loss of your mother.

OP
OP
AndyS_OSU

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Thanks for all the positive vibes, friends.

Dad met me on the driveway to see the MachE. Unfortunately it was 11:00 PM because of some really bad fast charging experiences. Let’s just say 8 fast chargers later and finally limping in to an EA charger with 10miles left, only to have it not recognize my car, made for a really frustrating trip. EA rep could never get it to do what it was supposed to but did finally get it started. After that I averaged about 100kWh.

Will be driving around to test different DCFC networks tomorrow and place a call to FordPass support to find out why plug and charge never worked and why 6 other chargers across 2 different networks didn’t work either.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Bullet is in the chamber. 2159E76F-BD03-42CB-AE3A-82A90F19D786

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Thanks for all the positive vibes, friends.

Dad met me on the driveway to see the MachE. Unfortunately it was 11:00 PM because of some really bad fast charging experiences. Let’s just say 8 fast chargers later and finally limping in to an EA charger with 10miles left, only to have it not recognize my car, made for a really frustrating trip. EA rep could never get it to do what it was supposed to but did finally get it started. After that I averaged about 100kWh.

Will be driving around to test different DCFC networks tomorrow and place a call to FordPass support to find out why plug and charge never worked and why 6 other chargers across 2 different networks didn’t work either.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Bullet is in the chamber. 2159E76F-BD03-42CB-AE3A-82A90F19D786
I’ve setup plug and charge and it has never worked for me to date. I have been able to use FordPass app to initiate charging with repeatable results, but each of those sessions I’ve had to manually initiate AND I’ve been charged for each one (though I’m supposed to have some free charging??)

My understanding is that it matters that you:
1. Don’t plug the charger into your car before doing any other steps
2. Initiate the charging activity in FordPass FIRST
3. Wait for the charge station’s screen to change
4. Plug in the charger after the station says it’s looking for your car.

Those steps seem to work correctly every time.

Good luck!

OP
OP
AndyS_OSU

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I’ve setup plug and charge and it has never worked for me to date. I have been able to use FordPass app to initiate charging with repeatable results, but each of those sessions I’ve had to manually initiate AND I’ve been charged for each one (though I’m supposed to have some free charging??)

My understanding is that it matters that you:
1. Don’t plug the charger into your car before doing any other steps
2. Initiate the charging activity in FordPass FIRST
3. Wait for the charge station’s screen to change
4. Plug in the charger after the station says it’s looking for your car.

Those steps seem to work correctly every time.

Good luck!
Good to know!

After the frustration yesterday, I’ve tested out 3 different networks today and had no issues. None of those were EA chargers though

OP
OP
AndyS_OSU

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Got some work to do to smooth things out but I’m digging the look. Rixxu taffeta seat covers.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Bullet is in the chamber. C5A45207-99BF-45B8-9EB6-278CB1D08C43
Ford Mustang Mach-E Bullet is in the chamber. E8FB8726-9986-4524-BC2D-DC454A84F962

digdug52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4X, 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
@AndyS_OSU
I didn't want to bother you last week as you were getting ready for your trip to spend time with you dad. Did you use Ford Options with your purchase from Five Star NRH? I am hoping they are on top of writing the Options contracts already so I can reduce the amount of time I am in the finance office. How was the full delivery process with them? Did it take very long?

OP
OP
AndyS_OSU

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
@AndyS_OSU
I didn't want to bother you last week as you were getting ready for your trip to spend time with you dad. Did you use Ford Options with your purchase from Five Star NRH? I am hoping they are on top of writing the Options contracts already so I can reduce the amount of time I am in the finance office. How was the full delivery process with them? Did it take very long?
Yes I did options. Yes I got the monthly payment I thought I’d get. No it wasn’t that smooth. That said I think they figured it out and should go smoother next time.

My car came in on Monday. I saw it Monday early afternoon and kinda thought it would be ready Tuesday morning but they hadn’t done any of the make ready when I got there Tuesday.
Sponsored

Last edited: