Buying Ford stock?

shberry

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 Camaro SS/RS, MME Premium ER-AWD (someday)
Occupation
Math Tutor
Country flag
Just curious how many Mach-e owners and future owners are also stockholders? For me, when I saw a 6-month wait for the Mach-e and even more demand for the Lightning and Bronco, I bought. Today, the earnings are positive and the stock is up 4% after hours. We'll see what happens, but Ford seems to me to be well positioned going forward as an EV supplier to go up against Elon. Of course, Ford stock is valued as a auto manufacturer and Tesla as software play, which may be an opportunity. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Radish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape
Country flag
I bought shares 1100 shares at $7. I sold 100 shares each at $9, $12, and $15. Will sell another 100 at $18, $21, and $24.
Very excited for Fords future they have the best product lineup out there.

On the earnings call today they said they were going to increase Mach E production by 70% next year

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Just curious how many Mach-e owners and future owners are also stockholders? For me, when I saw a 6-month wait for the Mach-e and even more demand for the Lightning and Bronco, I bought. Today, the earnings are positive and the stock is up 4% after hours. We'll see what happens, but Ford seems to me to be well positioned going forward as an EV supplier to go up against Elon. Of course, Ford stock is valued as a auto manufacturer and Tesla as software play, which may be an opportunity. Thoughts?
Stockholders are entitled to x-plan pricing which not only is priced $850 less then sticker but caps the “dealer fees” at $100 maximum. The dealer has no opportunity to add items you don’t want to the order.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Yup. I bought a handful of shares just before it turned up again, just to watch them fall back down, but then picked up a small handful more, and now they’re back up. I think it’s definitely a long term play; you’re not going to the moon on it, but maybe you could get to a really tall building.

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
My biggest regret -- SELLING my Ford stock after buying in at $5/share and then later taking some profits last year. Of course, then I became enamored with the MME and saw that shareholders get X-Plan, blah, blah, blah. Anyway...

But I'm someone who buys when the "chips are down" and sentiment was real negative on Ford the last couple years. I thought that was undeserved and I was right. I just didn't expect to still be right this year and that it would just go up and up and up. Agree that momentum is now in Ford's favor, but it's more than doubled in price since last year so the real question is whether you're at a good entry point.

Honestly, though, can't really go wrong by being both invested in the company as a shareholder and as an owner of an MME--you might be more in tune with how well the "sentiment" is on the brand.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Last year when my friends back in Texas were talking about those who were able to power their houses, even briefly, with their F150s, when the power grid failed there, I went and bought immediately. Looking for a long term play now and hoping they bring back their dividend one day. MME wasn't even on my radar then as I was still holding that Roadster reservation

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If you really want numbers I suggest you add a poll.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I bought some a few weeks after I took delivery of my Mach-E in February. I bought because it was clear to me that the Mach-E was exceptionally good and I believe a lot of what Ford got right about the Mach-E can and will be spread across their lineup in the years to come. I think this puts them in a great position compared to other automakers as a whole, and I believe they are on track to punch above their weight in the coming decade.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
I have had Ford stock in my portfolio for about a decade because of the dividends. It has been very good to me, especially with all the market volatility we have been having over the past few years.
The dividends are suspended at the moment due to COVID, but hopefully will return this year.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I loaded up at $4-5 last year when the market tanked over COVID fears. Sold most of it at around 14 but still holding some.
Sponsored