Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium extended range awd
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Very dissatisfied with the Kevin heater efficiency at -30 Celsius outside temperature. Does the Tesla have a better heater? If so, I am interestedā€¦ā€¦

OP
OP

Ricbou

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium extended range awd
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Very dissatisfied with the Kevin heater efficiency at -30 Celsius outside temperature. Does the Tesla have a better heater? If so, I am interestedā€¦ā€¦
Cabin not Kevin

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
202: MME poor heater performance at -30c
Correct, the Mach-E heater is not designed to keep the cabin warm below -25ĀŗC. Make sure you plug into 240V and precondition for every drive. Good luck.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Correct, the Mach-E heater is not designed to keep the cabin warm below -25ĀŗC. Make sure you plug into 240V and precondition for every drive. Good luck.
Doesnā€™t work at 0Ā°F either! and yes iā€™ve done all the updates.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It can still work at 0ĀŗF, there's just not much heat available. Just make sure you warm it up beforehand for 15-30 minutes.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So far so good for me down to -10F; however, I only drive around town and it is kept in a heated garage. Also no glass roof.

Rogercin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I haven't had any issues with the Cabin Heater, I am in Toronto, and it has been pretty cold these days, may be not -30, but close to -20, and I keep my Mach E in the garage, is not heated, and I normally don't precondition the car, or warm it up, we just go.

Reactions: TTF

Corwin

First Name
Corwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mazda CX-5, 2022 Mach-E Premium Ordered
Country flag
So far, no issue with the Cabin Heather with car parked outside, most days not plugged in, also in the GTA with temps recently hovering between -15 to -20 (maybe closer to -30 with recent wind chill).

I start up the Mach-E 10-15 minutes before departure and it is toasty warm with no change in temps when highway driving @ +120kph. I set cabin temp to 20 degrees on Auto.

Will have to wait and see how the vehicle handles colder temps, but so far so good!

canuck1975

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select MME with tech package - "Peggy"
Country flag
The only issue I'd say I've had is the battery drain but that's to be expected with an EV. Preheating for 5-10 mins has worked quite well for me.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I really do wonder if a good number of units shipped with a bad PTC heater given the range of discussion on this topic. Last week, I was driving in a low of 4Ā°F (-15.6Ā°C) which isnā€™t quite as cold as you mentioned, but my cabin was perfectly warm. Iā€™ve seen too many people here too mad about it to think this is just a personal comfort issue; I wonder if itā€™s a string of bad heaters.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I really do wonder if a good number of units shipped with a bad PTC heater given the range of discussion on this topic. Last week, I was driving in a low of 4Ā°F (-15.6Ā°C) which isnā€™t quite as cold as you mentioned, but my cabin was perfectly warm. Iā€™ve seen too many people here too mad about it to think this is just a personal comfort issue; I wonder if itā€™s a string of bad heaters.
No, +4F is still warm enough. Itā€™s like a cliff effect. It is fine down to about -6F but right after that you start to lose heat. It keeps up until it doesnā€™t anymore. Iā€™ve made measurements and the cabin barely reaching 60Ā°F is more than a personal comfort issue.

Jacqui

First Name
Jacqui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I have to agree with you... I live farther north in BC than you, and the week before Christmas was extremely cold!! My husband was away with our truck, so I had no choice but to drive my Mach-E to work and around town... with temps dipping below -35c, I needed a blanket IN my car... and I could see my breath in it. Definitely not very good in the north. I do know someone in town who has a Tesla, and I noticed he was not driving it during those extreme cold temps so I'm thinking it's probably not much better.

Jacqui

First Name
Jacqui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
I haven't had any issues with the Cabin Heater, I am in Toronto, and it has been pretty cold these days, may be not -30, but close to -20, and I keep my Mach E in the garage, is not heated, and I normally don't precondition the car, or warm it up, we just go.
I've noticed that it's okay around the -20c mark, but once we get to -25c or below... it's darn chilly in the vehicle and it just doesn't warm up. I keep my car in my garage, and it's scheduled to pre-condition daily.

shadowchan454

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Prem AWD ER
Country flag
Hey all, First time on the forum and I signed up just to hop on this discussion. I'm in snowy Manitoba Canada and I'm having such a hard time with my HVAC system. Barely any heat past -15c and blowing ice cold at -25c and colder. Which we're currently in an extreme cold warning.

What I was told by my dealership was to make a formal complaint with Ford Canada customer care. The more people that complain the quicker a proper fix will be issued. Same as Tesla when theirs crapped out with an update. Nobody likes bad press.

The dealership actually let me take a new Mach E home to test it out to see if it did the same thing, my build date was March 2022, this one was October 2022. Same thing happened to both.
Sponsored