California Clean Vehicle Rebate Program

machdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
@machdaddy, as @ToddH laid out clearly, for the $2000 CVRP, there is a limit. The limit is $150k if you filed as single or married filing separately, $300k if you filed as joint. Both filing status and income are based on the past year (or, optionally, the year prior if before tax filing deadline).

It does not matter that you're going to purchase the car under your own name only. If you filed tax as joint, you use the joint threshold and joint income for CVRP qualification.

With a $160k joint tax return, you qualify for $2000 CVRP.

There is an increased rebate that you're very unlikely to qualify. But you can do the math yourself to confirm. That depends on your household size, so the information you provided isn't enough.
Yeah understand. I'll be filing Single and understand I will be eligible for the $2,000. I was just following up with a post clarifying why I was having issues the first time understanding the household portion of the rules because they make you declare household income when the other person has nothing to do with my purchase or filing of taxes. Appreciate your post. Thank you.
Sponsored

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Yeah understand. I'll be filing Single and understand I will be eligible for the $2,000. I was just following up with a post clarifying why I was having issues the first time understanding the household portion of the rules because they make you declare household income when the other person has nothing to do with my purchase or filing of taxes. Appreciate your post. Thank you.
Yeah, the website didn't really talk about married-filing-separately. It's more clear in https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/site...cvrp/documents/CVRP-Implementation-Manual.pdf

By the way, if you submit your CVRP application by 4/15, it's your choice whether to use 2020 income or 2019 income to qualify.

Last edited:

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Great news. My dealer who had no intention of registering for this plan is now listed. Many many more local dealers added as well. I guess they must have gotten a lot of flack. I wasn’t counting on the extra incentive but this is a great win!

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Great news. My dealer who had no intention of registering for this plan is now listed. Many many more local dealers added as well. I guess they must have gotten a lot of flack. I wasn’t counting on the extra incentive but this is a great win!
Yeah it boggles the mind why dealers would refuse to do this. IF they carry *any* EVs, it makes total sense. And for the person shopping for an EV would definitely choose the dealer that offers the incentive vs one that doesn't.

Reactions: ARK

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
As the title suggests, this thread is about Clean Vehicle Rebate Program (CVRP). It's a California program. There are income caps. For most people, it's a $2000 credit. And the buyer has to apply for it themselves. Dealer is not involved in the process.

What @Maric is talking about is California Clean Fuel Rewards (CCFR). It's a point-of-sales credit of $1500. There's no income cap, but dealer must sign up for the program.

These are two different topics. I'm sure that @Maric is aware of these two programs and how they differ. However, for new EV buyers, there's a lot to learn (charging, DC charging, credits, etc) and things can be confusing at times. I want to point this out for potential future readers.

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
Bumpity bump...

Just curious how people's timelines have been. I applied on 4/12/21 (before the waitlist cutoff...whew). I know the website gives a timeline based on if you were to apply today...so I figured I'd ask how y'alls timelines have been.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Bumpity bump...

Just curious how people's timelines have been. I applied on 4/12/21 (before the waitlist cutoff...whew). I know the website gives a timeline based on if you were to apply today...so I figured I'd ask how y'alls timelines have been.
I received my check approx 3 months after application was accepted.

Mari76

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E FE, 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
Country flag
We submitted the application on 3/28. Just received approval on 7/7. Now just waiting for check to be mailed out for $2000.

jshoro

First Name
Jibraan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I applied on 4/19 right before the cut off as well.. patiently waiting. Hoping its approved within the next 2-3 weeks tops.

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
For anyone that applied after the waitlist period: Did you get an email saying that you had a rebate reserved for you or did it mention that you were on a waitlist?

I was a week after the deadline but it still said a rebate was reserved. I'm not sure what that meant because I was expecting a waitlist email instead.

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Also, it looks like funding was finally approved! So it's looking a little better for those on the waitlist. Not sure if there will actually be new terms and conditions that will make a difference, but I'm thinking that it will be the same.
Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Vehicle Rebate Program 1627419494470

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
Update
Applied on 4/3/21
Approved on 8/3/21