First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I mean .. that's what the gear shifter + brake is for ... A start button for a car that doesn't need to be started seems unnecessary.
I'll keep my start button thank you.
Perhaps you can choose your preference? Although if you don't want to SEE the start button anymore, you'll need to cover it with an air freshener tree or something.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Camping Mode FORD_MUSTANG_MACH-E_INTERIOR_13_16x9_HQ
Sponsored

Last edited:

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
So getting back to the OP ... Has it been confirmed if the MME will have a camping mode or not? If it will, what exactly, besides obviously the climate control system, will be available for operation? E.g. the media center? Certain lights? Will certain functions turn off after a period of time, and if so, can user set that time interval? etc.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So getting back to the OP ... Has it been confirmed if the MME with have a camping mode or not? If so, what exactly, besides obviously the climate control system, will be available for operation? E.g. the media center? Certain lights? Will certain functions turn off after a period of time, and if so, can user set that time interval? etc.
No new information.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
If they did have a 'camping mode' it would be interesting if they sold a tent accessory like you can get for the escape/explorer.
I'd settle for an air mattress that fit in the back when the seats were down.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
the problem with an air mattress is that you only can jump... yeah, jump... on it once and then... pop!

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
the problem with an air mattress is that you only can jump... yeah, jump... on it once and then... pop!
You must buy some cheap air mattresses, I don't sleep on them often, but the one I bought *knock on wood* has been pretty durable. I'm thinking they make some with a built in pump with a cigarette lighter plug in.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
You must buy some cheap air mattresses, I don't sleep on them often, but the one I bought *knock on wood* has been pretty durable. I'm thinking they make some with a built in pump with a cigarette lighter plug in.
you're just not having enough fun on them. ;)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Perhaps you can choose your preference? Although if you don't want to SEE the start button anymore, you'll need to cover it with an air freshener tree or something.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Camping Mode FORD_MUSTANG_MACH-E_INTERIOR_13_16x9_HQ

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Apparently there’s one made for the back of a Tesla MY.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Depends on how you define "off". It's not really a thing for electrics

You put it in park, once the door is opened and no one is in the seat and you walk far enough away (or manually lock the car if you aren't using phone as key.) then it goes into a low power mode.

In your scenario, what exactly do you lose if the car turns "off" .. which yet again really isnt' a thing in a BEV... when you help an elderly person get in? Only thing I really see in the A/C? You can also leave that on at any time whether the car is "on" or "off". Even in that scenario the car would remain on unless you walked far enough away from the car. In which case, as soon as you got close to it again and opened the door it would turn back "on" ...

The need for an on and off button is purely a desire to be "normal" because that's what every ICE car. There is absolutely no need for it in a BEV. It's just a comfort thing with zero purpose.
I want a button or switch or some sort of physical control to change the status of my BEV from "Ready" to "Not Ready". Just like every other electrical device I use. I dont want my electric range or microwave to turn on when I am near. Same with my power tools in the garage. My cell phone, laptop, television and home lighting all has a power switch. My BEV has one too. The way it should be IMO.

I have been stranded in a Tesla because we got out of the car to switch drivers and it wouldn't re-enter ready mode. My wife and I had to walk back to the Tesla store where we explained to them where they could find their car. Then we got back in my EV, touched the start button and drove away.

The funny thing is that we received several calls over the next week or so from Tesla asking if we needed any help ordering a car online. I actually laughed out loud at the question. Driving a Tesla was the most miserable experience we have ever had behind the wheel of a new vehicle.

If the Mach e doesnt have a button or switch to enable "Ready mode" then I will walk away.

MParkour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 RR Mustang GT 2017 Tacoma 2021 RR MME FE
Country flag

Stephenhanlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I bought it. There are about 4 inches between the side of the car and the mattress in the trunk. I havent actually slept on it yet. Notice all that room on the sides in the passenger seats? Its close to 6" or more on both sides. Do not get this. Try and find something better that fits the shape of the car.
Thanks this is just the review I was looking for. Guess my search continues. Have you found anything else that might work better for the Mach E?

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Thanks this is just the review I was looking for. Guess my search continues. Have you found anything else that might work better for the Mach E?
This is what we got. It's super comfortable. You'll see in the pic below that as it goes to the back it curves up a bit on the side, only because I was too lazy to trim it after setting up camp with the MME for the first time.

The whole experience was a massive success. Just needed a way to turn the damn map lights off. Other than that, we stayed plugged in at the campsite, ran the AC all weekend and cooled off both the car and tent.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Camping Mode PXL_20210723_201920372

Ford Mustang Mach-E Camping Mode PXL_20210723_202251454

Last edited: