AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
I'm trying to finalize my order for my Premium, and am stuck in a loop.
I scrolled to the bottom, Continued to Payment, agreed and accepted, selected my card, agree, hit the blue Pay button, it spins on Initializing, then takes me back to the Order page.

I've tried using a MasterCard, and a Visa as payment. Tried on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows, using browsers Safari, Chrome, and Edge. (Wouldn't let me use IE, said unsupported.)

After months of waiting, just take my money!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
I’ve called the 800 number, and they weren’t able to help. They said see the dealership.

While my dealership is fine, they said no ADM, and will honor the X-Plan if it comes listed on the invoice, I don’t think they are on the ball with the Mach-E.

Do they have to set something up on their end to accept the deposit? It seems that’s where the hold up is. I’ve checked my credit cards, and there is no attempt of any charges.

Any ideas that I can say to them to get this to work?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, Edge, Focus, Mach-E reserved
Country flag
1) When you say 'selected your card' it sounds like you have your credit card info saved to your browser, yes? If that is the case, I ran into your same issue. There is some error that causes the expiration date to be entered incorrectly. So, the solution here would be to a) enter your card info manually or b) auto-fill your card info but manually correct the expiration date

2) I can't answer your question about the deposit, but my dealership did in fact offer to take my order deposit. So, I would imagine that 'all or most' dealers that are authorized to sell the Mach-E are also setup to begin accepting orders.

OP
OP

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
I stopped by the dealership on the way home and was told “there is a glitch in the system” and no one that has reservations with that dealership can convert to Orders.

The owner also has a reservation, and he is stuck like me.

They made a call into corporate Ford to try and figure it out, and was supposed to hear back today.

They can see my reservation, but not the changes I made once the ordering opened up.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape, Edge, Focus, Mach-E reserved
Country flag
Hm, that's something and sorry to hear that. Well I hope they get it cleared up for you!!

Here is what happened in my case:

I placed my order on Ford's website. My vehicle status went from reservation to 'Ordered' and there is now an "Order Status."

The first status was "Order Sent to Dealer."

At this point, I started to receive a couple e-mails, one automated and another direct, from the dealer asking me to come in to check out their inventory of Mustangs.

I called and relayed that I placed an order for the Mach-E and a salesperson reached out to me after doing some legwork - they were initially totally confused.

He told me that I could go ahead and come in to the dealership to give them my Order deposit; I stated that I have already paid my deposit online and confirmed my bank account had been charged by their dealership already... more confusion ensued.

He finally calls me back and says, "Ok, we are good to go now. We have submitted your order and will be in touch, etc, etc." And he relayed that he had NO IDEA Ford was accepting Order deposits online on their behalf. Which means the first half of the process I experienced (initiating the order) had nothing to do with the dealer. They took over the second half of finalizing my order.

So, after he told me they had submitted my order to be built, I went back online and checked - and yes my Order status had instantly changed to "Order Accepted."

And as a side note - I have already been reimbursed my reservation deposit after just 2 business days. I thought I wouldn't receive it until much later because I had completely replaced my original bank card I used for the reservation with an entirely new one since then. But, I suppose since it was the same bank account, they were able to refund my reservation with no problem and very quickly.

OP
OP

AFVolt

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Everything has been fixed and I am now in the “Order Sent to Dealer” club.

There was some technical glitch that affected 15 dealerships and mine was one of the lucky ones.

I don’t feel left out of the excitement anymore. Lol

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Everything has been fixed and I am now in the “Order Sent to Dealer” club.

There was some technical glitch that affected 15 dealerships and mine was one of the lucky ones.

I don’t feel left out of the excitement anymore. Lol
And last you should have got the "It's Yours" email direct from Ford. It has your order number and order date on it. In addition it has a link to Fords web site showing the status of your order.
Sponsored