Can YOU initiate a charge from FordPass???

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
@RickMachE Thanks for checking. So daughter accounts just plain aren’t allowed to initiate a charge from the app. Only the parent account can do that. Interesting choice by Ford. But at least I know to quit trying. I’ll tell her she has to call me and have me initiate a charge for her if the 2 other ways to charge both fail again. And I’ll tell her she ask nice or I’ll leave her stranded there. ?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No problem.

Of course she can setup accounts with providers, like ChargePoint and EA, instead of billing it through the account (or use the same accounts you have with them).

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
No problem.

Of course she can setup accounts with providers, like ChargePoint and EA, instead of billing it through the account (or use the same accounts you have with them).
Which is what we’ll do when free charging is all used up. We dont really have EA up where we live. The Evolve NY charging system seems to be trying to not play favorites. So we haev EVConnect, Chargepoint, and Greenlots accounts already. We’ll sign up for EA too but we wanted to use the rest of the free stuff first.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No problem.

True but if Ford wants people to use their whole network and app they need to get this fixed

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sure. But if you need to charge you need alternatives unless spouse is sitting around waiting for msg to activate charger.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
As it stands I am still very unlikely to continue using the Ford pass network once my charging credits are used. Unless they provide a way to use my EA membership with it I'm just going to use the EA app. There's no reason to pay an extra $.12/kWh.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The other option is to put your account on all phones.
Sponsored