Beege

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Santa Fe Sport, 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Country flag
Placed a ‘First Edition’ Factory Order at local Vancouver Ford Dealership on December 3rd, 2019 along with a required $3,000.00 CAD Refundable Deposit.

Dealer has been unable to confirm whether or not I will even receive a 2021 model year Mach-e.

Unlike USA Customers, I have not received any type of Reservation Number or Communication from Ford Canada. Even the Dealer has no encouraging info to share. I asked them (Coastal Ford), how many Mach-e’s they have been allocated, and they replied, “none”. They are not aware if they will be receiving even one. So at this point it doesn’t look like Canada will be receiving much, if any inventory. If it does, it doesn’t look like I will be receiving one.

Considering cancelling order.

Sorry Ford, but your communication sucks.
Sponsored

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Placed a ‘First Edition’ Factory Order at local Vancouver Ford Dealership on December 3rd, 2019 along with a required $3,000.00 CAD Refundable Deposit.

Dealer has been unable to confirm whether or not I will even receive a 2021 model year Mach-e.

Unlike USA Customers, I have not received any type of Reservation Number or Communication from Ford Canada. Even the Dealer has no encouraging info to share. I asked them (Coastal Ford), how many Mach-e’s they have been allocated, and they replied, “none”. They are not aware if they will be receiving even one. So at this point it doesn’t look like Canada will be receiving much, if any inventory. If it does, it doesn’t look like I will be receiving one.

Considering cancelling order.

Sorry Ford, but your communication sucks.
Is reserving through the website an option? I feel like your deposit would be less and you could sat least get a reservation number.

OP
OP
Beege

Beege

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can not make an actual reservation or deposit on Ford's Canadian web site.

In Canada, you have to physically go to the Dealership. They fill out a purchase agreement and take a deposit by credit card on the spot.

If you order a 1st edition, the deposit is $3,000.00
If you order any other model, the deposit is $500.00

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Is Coastal Ford EV certified? Last I heard only EV certified dealers could accept orders for the Mach E. My local dealer in Alaska isn't EV certified and I had to specify a dealer 300 miles away.

OP
OP
Beege

Beege

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's a very good point. I wasn't even aware of that.

So I just looked up on Ford's Dealership Search page. And you are correct. Coastal Ford is NOT EV Certified. Looks like I am going to cancel that 1st edition order. Thanks for the tip.

Here's an interesting point though.... In my quest to find a dealer with a good shot at getting delivery of the Mach-e, I also visited Brown Brothers Ford in Vancouver. I was told they sell a lot of Mustangs. So my odds would be good there. I placed a $500.00 deposit on an AWD Extended Range Premium Mach-e with them. They told me that they were allocated 16 Mach-e's, but had already taken reservations for all 16. So, according to them, my reservation would be #17.

The good news: they are EV Certified according to Ford.ca. So all I can do now is wait and see if somewhere down the road, one of their first 16 reservations cancels in the next 12 months.

Currently I still don't have an official reservation number. So who knows. Fingers crossed.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Before you cancel your Coastal order, you might want to check with them to see if they are in the process of becoming EV certified. That's the case with my local dealer. My dealer said they expected to be certified by Spring and, with a almost a year until deliveries start, I may still be able to accept final delivery locally.

GreenEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Country flag
In the Greater Toronto Area it's different everywhere. Some dealers ask for $3,000 non-refundable, others $1,000, and found one that was OK with $500 after some discussion. This is for Select or Premium, not the 1st edition. An actual order is put through and a bill of sale signed. The one close to me had 4 allocations still.

OP
OP
Beege

Beege

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's an update on my attempt to secure an order for a Mach-e.

I received a 'Good News' phone call and a followup email from Coastal Ford in Vancouver. Here is the exact quote from the email:

"We are pleased to tell you that your First Edition Mustang Mach-E early order submission for the attached customer(s) will be eligible to be entered into the order bank, by you, in the late spring of 2020. We will initiate the scheduling process based on the order in which the ‘early order submissions’ have been received across Canada. "

And I have been told I am one of the customers on the list.

So there you go... No confirmation order number like is done in the USA. But I'll take the confirmation that I am on the list of customers who will be able to have their order entered into the factory order system, with a sigh of relief. Very glad the mystery is over.

Oh, and about that deposit I also placed at a different dealer on a 'Premium" model.... I'll keep that alive (my place in line) in case I decide to switch to the Premium model. Still debating if I like the red upholstery stitching in the First Edition.
Sponsored