luisroffers

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Acura ILX
Country flag
Has anyone canceled their order for their MME that is already built and shipped? I have an upcoming delivery date and my dealer has been absolutely abysmal on any information for the MME. Other than confirming the order last summer I haven't heard from them until I called them to ask about Ford Options. They talked over me and tried to convince me that it doesn't exist, that any "balloon contract" is horrendous and I am absurd for considering a "balloon" product. I tried to explain to them (using the Ford Financing Options page) that this wasn't a typical balloon contract to no avail. I've had such a horrible experience with them that I sat and crunched the numbers -- even if they got their head out of their A$3, Options still puts the payments squarely in the $879 a month range. A Model Y with similar economics comes out to $610.94. Long story short, I'm very seriously considering canceling this late in the game, but I don't know if anyone else has had an easy time of canceling and getting their $500 back once the car had been built and on a train headed to delivery?

Thanks for letting me vent.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It really all depends on their cancellation policy. If they didn't tell you upfront that your deposit was refundable, you really have no recourse if they won't give it back. But you won't be on the hook for any more than that.

OP
OP

luisroffers

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Acura ILX
Country flag
It really all depends on their cancellation policy. If they didn't tell you upfront that your deposit was refundable, you really have no recourse if they won't give it back. But you won't be on the hook for any more than that.
Therein lies the problem -- they have literally said nothing through this whole process. It's been so frustrating. Thanks for the comment :)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Has anyone canceled their order for their MME that is already built and shipped? I have an upcoming delivery date and my dealer has been absolutely abysmal on any information for the MME. Other than confirming the order last summer I haven't heard from them until I called them to ask about Ford Options. They talked over me and tried to convince me that it doesn't exist, that any "balloon contract" is horrendous and I am absurd for considering a "balloon" product. I tried to explain to them (using the Ford Financing Options page) that this wasn't a typical balloon contract to no avail. I've had such a horrible experience with them that I sat and crunched the numbers -- even if they got their head out of their A$3, Options still puts the payments squarely in the $879 a month range. A Model Y with similar economics comes out to $610.94. Long story short, I'm very seriously considering canceling this late in the game, but I don't know if anyone else has had an easy time of canceling and getting their $500 back once the car had been built and on a train headed to delivery?

If your dealer informed you that the 500 is refundable when you ordered then you can get it now or when delivered and you dont pick it up. If he told you its non refundable then well.. Or go to the credit card company and dispute.

I have two reservations I am not going to pickup (have an FE). One I cancelled by email even before it went to production but took me five months to get the refund back. Its to be delivered late March. Another due in April being built now (with different dealer), dealer will refund after he receives it - he just wants me to email him saying I dont want it after he gets it.

Thagman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E California RT 1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If your dealer informed you that the 500 is refundable when you ordered then you can get it now or when delivered and you dont pick it up. If he told you its non refundable then well.. Or go to the credit card company and dispute.

I have two reservations I am not going to pickup (have an FE). One I cancelled by email even before it went to production but took me five months to get the refund back. Its to be delivered late March. Another due in April being built now (with different dealer), dealer will refund after he receives it - he just wants me to email him saying I dont want it after he gets it.

Thagman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E California RT 1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Placed order on March 7.
Salesman indicated order was cancelable before vehicle being built.
Got email from Ford build date “week of May 3”
Contacted dealer to cancel on March 25.
Started getting run around from dealer on $500 refund.
Went on dealer website and did a chat.
“I am thinking about placing an order, what is your cancellation policy?. Please email response to xxxxxxxx.”

Got a reply on my xxxxxx email. Now have documented policy from dealer.

Dealer said that could not refund because VIN number has been assigned. (But’s build 5 weeks out)

Sent dealer email on cancellation policy and said I met the condition.

Dealer said I could get refund once I rejected the vehicle once it arrived at Dealership.

Called Capital One Visa. Great people. Explained situation.
They said this is a “no brained, we can help they can’t keep you money for that long!”

They reversed the charge and will contact dealer with reversal. If dealer objects, dealer must document why.
If that happens, then I compile my documentation and send to Visa. They said that what I described as my documentation , dealer has no case.

Pretty sure it will work out.

The reason I canceled is a $899 dealer fee I found out about. Placed a new order with Mullinax Ford. No dealer fees in writing. So back in the order queue

Hope this help anyone in a similar si5uation.

protatoblt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Placed order on March 7.
“I am thinking about placing an order, what is your cancellation policy?. Please email response to xxxxxxxx.”

Dealer said that could not refund because VIN number has been assigned. (But’s build 5 weeks out)

Dealer said I could get refund once I rejected the vehicle once it arrived at Dealership.

They said this is a “no brained, we can help they can’t keep you money for that long!”

They reversed the charge and will contact dealer with reversal. If dealer objects, dealer must document why.
If that happens, then I compile my documentation and send to Visa. They said that what I described as my documentation , dealer has no case.

The reason I canceled is a $899 dealer fee I found out about. Placed a new order with Mullinax Ford. No dealer fees in writing. So back in the order queue

What ford is this? Tropical Ford orlando has been giving me a runaround so I'm moving my order to Mullinax

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Placed order on March 7.

Dealer fees are absurd, but this is another place where participation in X-Plan pricing is a great help. Regardless of what the dealer lists their document fees at, X-Plan only allows them to add up to $100 in doc fees.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag

Why not consider other financing? Bank, credit union or ford credit If the Tesla costs more, it simply cannot have a cheaper payment, do not forget the $7500 tax credit that Tesla does not offer And $2500 options rebate. You can estimate Options payment for 3 years by assuming a 6 year loan at 2.25% or the 4 years at a 7 year loan at 2.25%, the balloon is the remaining balance, assuming you qualify for the lowest rate. Some States, Options is illegal. Maybe your Tesla option is a straight lease. Be sure to have all the Tesla costs factored.

so for$ 879 that’s a $59,000 net purchase plus $2500 rebate, so the car is at least $61500 for the 3 year term or $68,000 net or $70,500 For the 4 year..... you do have to assume sales tax on the whole cost... that is something you would only pay on the Tesla lease value.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Perhaps @hybrid2bev can get them information on Ford Options. I don’t know how much it will help as they don’t sound like a good dealer to work with. Have you tried talking to their GM &/or owner? Start out by telling him/her exactly what you told us and why you’re considering moving your business to a different dealership. If you’re lucky it’s just a bad salesman, not the whole dealership.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Perhaps @hybrid2bev can get them information on Ford Options. I don’t know how much it will help as they don’t sound like a good dealer to work with. Have you tried talking to their GM &/or owner? Start out by telling him/her exactly what you told us and why you’re considering moving your business to a different dealership. If you’re lucky it’s just a bad salesman, not the whole dealership.
@luisroffers if you want, you can PM me your name, the dealership name/city they are in, and any specific person that you are working with. I can have the Ford Credit dealer rep contact them with the information they need for Ford Options.
Sponsored