Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Last night drove to my place with 12% capacity left, 1100 miles on the odometer from a 600 mile trip. Delighted with the vehicle. I have read most of the posts that describe various issues with the vehicle.
My wife and I paid close attention to those described concerns. The vehicle was driven mostly on interstate with about 80 miles on country and city roads.
We listened for the glass roof noise at 70 mph, road noise, glitches from center display, instrument display, intelligent cruise control, one pedal driving and of course our first experience with Fast Charging at EA stations and ChargePoint stations at our destination. Fast Charging experience was better than expected. That free 250KWH from EA compliments of Ford, never happened. Since I opened an account with EA, the system recognized my phone and the process to charge our Mach E was uneventful. I saw rates of charge from an 150KWH station around 139-143KWH.
From 24% to 80% took about 32 min. On our return visited the same station with 48% as a starting point to 80% took only 21min.
The station will inform us that fast charging ends at 80% and the rest of the way is done at 13 to 14KWH. We were happy at 80% charge. By the time we had lunch and used the facilities time was up to travel again.
No wind noise from the roof, no glitches from the big screen, no issues with our phones as keys. I use a ChargePoint charger at home and enjoyed to use their network at our destination. Average speeds at interstates were around 70 to 75 mph.
All this had to be managed accordingly.
That means, if you had 200 miles range and your next waypoint was 180 miles away, we had to keep our consumption per KW around 2.8 to 2.9 to achieve our range with at least 15 to 20 miles margin. Took it easy at the start and build up speed at the end.
I noticed that my Mach E does not illuminate the rest occupants foot well. I need to look for those LEDs. A very pleasant 600 mile experience. YES.....we are taking this Mach E to long distance trips now. $23 was my cumulative bill for electricity. It even beat my gas bill from my Fusion Hybrid doing the same trip. I got many thumb ups along the way. Some people recognized it at interstate driving and at our destination.
Some said......it is finally out.!!!!!
Sponsored

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Variant Wheels 20 x 9 positive 40 offset with 245/45/20 tires

P.S. I'm in So/Cal if anyone is interested in buying Original prem 19 with tires and lugs

Ford Mustang Mach-E CARBONIZED GRAY Mach-E Club 20210306_152245

Looks great. Please let us know the impact on range?

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Took a 240 mile round trip to Diablo lake from Seattle WA. Was wonderful to drive and came back with 40 miles remaining. Was accompanied by a Model 3 LR which had to stop for a 20min charge to make it back home.

Ford Mustang Mach-E CARBONIZED GRAY Mach-E Club 20210313_174117

Last edited:

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Took a 240 mile round trip to Diablo lake from Seattle WA. Was wonderful to drive and came back with 40 miles remaining. Was accompanied by a Model 3 LR which had to stop for a 20min charge to make it back home.

It reminds me of the 600 mile trip to the east coast of South Carolina. I tested both the Mach E range and my range anxiety. The vehicle did exactly what was expected of it.
When I entered the charging stop at EA station it calculated exactly my remaining range to that station. Arrived at the station with the expected range charge capacity. From that point on my anxiety vaporized and from that point on I started managing battery capacity to arrive to my destination.
My Mach E performed as expected.
Did not see a single Tesla on that trip to compare experiences with their owners.
I would like to hear what they have to say about their vehicles.
Your Mach E is sparkling.!!!
Good luck with it.

Sobeer

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE MME
Country flag
Variant Wheels 20 x 9 positive 40 offset with 245/45/20 tires

P.S. I'm in So/Cal if anyone is interested in buying Original prem 19 with tires and lugs

Looks great with the rims.

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
Hello Gray Team!!

I was finally able to bring eStang home last week and put it through her paces this past weekend. After 293 miles I'm loving the experience so far, aside from two small annoyances.
  1. PAAK setup keeps failing "Key Download Failed"
  2. Can't charge on residential 240V outlet in Illinois with ComEd service

I see from all the helpful folks here on the forum that my issues are not unique to me, so I have confidence they will be resolved soon.

I'm very happy with the color and I feel it complements the vehicle well. Everyone who has seen it seems to like it. Even though I felt it would be a bit more stealth than Grabber Blue or something more bright, I still am attracting a lot of rubber necking.

The Ford custom fit molded rubber floor mats arrived today and they look and fit great. I do recommend them - call your dealer's parts department if you want to buy them - they were able to give me a nice discount compared to the retail price on the Ford website.

All of my "baby pictures" are over on Instagram:

Twitter:

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Hello Gray Team!!

I was finally able to bring eStang home last week and put it through her paces this past weekend. After 293 miles I'm loving the experience so far, aside from two small annoyances.
  1. PAAK setup keeps failing "Key Download Failed"
  2. Can't charge on residential 240V outlet in Illinois with ComEd service

I see from all the helpful folks here on the forum that my issues are not unique to me, so I have confidence they will be resolved soon.

I'm very happy with the color and I feel it complements the vehicle well. Everyone who has seen it seems to like it. Even though I felt it would be a bit more stealth than Grabber Blue or something more bright, I still am attracting a lot of rubber necking.

The Ford custom fit molded rubber floor mats arrived today and they look and fit great. I do recommend them - call your dealer's parts department if you want to buy them - they were able to give me a nice discount compared to the retail price on the Ford website.

All of my "baby pictures" are over on Instagram:

Twitter:
Enjoy it as much as you can.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Spring in South Carolina. Trees and plants are blooming. Pollen is flying like clouds. Everything gets a yellow tint to it.
Washing my Mustangs is a weekly chore unless mother nature washes them down.
Time to plan a road trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Over 2000 miles on the odometer.
Two months since I took delivery.
It is still a wonderful experience.
Today I will introduce my daughter to the Mach E. She will get to drive daddy around.
Let us see what she thinks of this new Pony since I gave her my Fusion Hybrid three years ago. I will be watching her reactions.
Enjoy your Easter. For me I have to wait another month.
Sponsored