First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - 2022, Route 1
Occupation
College Administrator
I’m wondering if folks have experience with ceramic coating and a clear bra install? I’ve got one quote and I’m trying my best to protect this gorgeous new vehicle. It would be $1000 for the ceramic and 950 for the clear bra quote - does this seem ridiculous or about what would be expected?
Sponsored

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
June 2 we got Full Hood, fenders, bumpers, headlights, and mirrors for $1700 US. No, ceramic coatings.

Looks sharp and quiets things a touch (no vibrating metal up there)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’m wondering if folks have experience with ceramic coating and a clear bra install? I’ve got one quote and I’m trying my best to protect this gorgeous new vehicle. It would be $1000 for the ceramic and 950 for the clear bra quote - does this seem ridiculous or about what would be expected?
Sounds cheap. There are threads on that here.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
That’s quote you got for clear bra is most probably a partial front end, and not a full front clip. Price is high for ceramic coating IMO. It’s a new vehicle and shouldn’t need paint correction, unless you managed to trash it 😂

I got SunTek Reaction PPF (has some bs ceramic coating in the film already; we’ll see how long it lasts), and on the full front clip including headlights, mirrors, A pillars, and B+C pillars (piano black trim) was $2000.

I’ll be putting the same PPF on all 4 passenger doors (myself) and then will cersmic coat the remainder of the vehicle with either Duraslic DS 1500 Extreme or Adam’s Advanced Graphene. Unsure which at this time.

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
Full Front clip including mirrors PPF. Full ceramic. - $2400

Duffer

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Escape SE 1967 Mustang
Country flag
You can apply graphene coating yourself. Wash and clay bar. Wipe coating on, let flash over, wipe off. Adams kit gives you a uv light to check coverage before you wipe off.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
$2400 for xpel PPF on front clip (full hood, partial fenders) plus mirrors, a pillar, and piano black.

I did Adams Graphene Ceramic myself. The key is prep - I did an iron remover, clay bar, then a quick touch up polish and prep spay before applying. It's hard to capture in pictures how good it looks (particularly in Star White). It hurts to look at in direct sunlight without sunglasses and it glows at night under light when water is beaded. Can't comment on longevity yet, but time will tell.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ceramic coating and clear bra install 20220818_203758~2

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The shops I’ve contacted about PPF ate in the $2K-$2.5K range. They say they need the car for at least 4 days. Since I don’t want to be without the car for that long at this time, I am waiting for a better time to schedule. 🤷‍♂️🐩

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Our local installer here who's done our Volt and MY said this about the Mach e for ppf and ceramic pro:
"The Mach e and two coats of Ceramic with no prep fee would be 1500.00 installed. I would waive the prep fee of 150.00 for the continued business. If one coat of Ceramic is needed it would be 1250.00 installed."
Sponsored