Charger showing 1 amber light

Theburn16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
I got my car last Thursday and used the charger that came with the car overnight with the 120v plug and at some point during the night the charge went into a pause status. The charger showed 1 amber light. I got my 240v outlet installed Saturday morning and when I plugged it in with that, I’m getting the same thing. The dealerships around me have nobody that can look at it until at least next week. I’ve tried everything, I can think of…any suggestions?

092A7EBF-802E-4E8F-AA27-8B30B70A0017.jpeg

5FA613CB-46F2-4425-A19D-B922B01E62BF.jpeg

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Make sure the plug adapter is firmly seated in the EVSE. If not it will show amber.

If that doesn't fix it, you may need a warranty replacement

OP
OP

Theburn16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Make sure the plug adapter is firmly seated in the EVSE. If not it will show amber.

If that doesn't fix it, you may need a warranty replacement
yeah, I read that in some other threads and have done everything I can to make sure it’s all the way in. It’s flush across the top so I know it’s connected properly. I bought it from a dealership 4hrs away and the ones around me won’t do anything without me leaving my car with them and can’t see it until next week. The car charges perfectly fine at EA stations, really annoying that something is clearly a charger issue and the car is required to be left.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Yea, that makes no sense. They could easily plug it in and see the amber light without the car

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
There's a troubleshooting table near the bottom of this page.

Charging Your Vehicle - Charging Equipment (fordservicecontent.com)

It shows this for a single amber light:

ON OFF OFF USER TROUBLESHOOTING; THE MOBILE CHARGER HAS ENCOUNTERED A FAULT THAT REQUIRES TROUBLESHOOTING. ENSURE THE CONNECTOR AND CONTROL BOX ARE PROPERLY CONNECTED. UNPLUG AND REPLUG IN THE CONNECTOR. IF THE MOBILE CHARGER IS WARM OR IN A HOT ENVIRONMENT, TRY CHARGING IN A COOLER AREA. TRY A DIFFERENT OUTLET. TRY A DIFFERENT CONNECTOR IF YOU HAVE ONE AVAILABLE. IF THE ERROR PERSISTS, CONTACT US

Read through the top section of the page...

Make sure you are fully seating the connector into the top of the mobile charger unit before plugging into a wall outlet. You have to push quite hard to fully seat it.

Anyway, if you exhaust the troubleshooting steps, it looks like you should contact them for further instructions.You might need to go through a dealer?? Or you could try customer service at 800-392-3673.

Ajpeo3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag
I got my car last Thursday and used the charger that came with the car overnight with the 120v plug and at some point during the night the charge went into a pause status. The charger showed 1 amber light. I got my 240v outlet installed Saturday morning and when I plugged it in with that, I’m getting the same thing. The dealerships around me have nobody that can look at it until at least next week. I’ve tried everything, I can think of…any suggestions?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charger showing 1 amber light 5FA613CB-46F2-4425-A19D-B922B01E62BF

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charger showing 1 amber light 5FA613CB-46F2-4425-A19D-B922B01E62BF
It happened to me once I just unplugged it and plugged it back in It was fine ever since. Where's your wall bracket? I don't think it could be a good thing leaving that box swinging like that.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag

When the electrician installed your outlet, are you sure s/he connected the ground wire to the outlet?

OP
OP

Theburn16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When the electrician installed your outlet, are you sure s/he connected the ground wire to the outlet?
yes, it’s grounded. It does the same with the 120v plug as well after it worked for about 12hrs the first night. I got a Wallbox yesterday and it’s worked perfectly.

OP
OP

Theburn16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It happened to me once I just unplugged it and plugged it back in It was fine ever since. Where's your wall bracket? I don't think it could be a good thing leaving that box swinging like that.
I never got a chance to mount it bc it had already stopped working before my 240v outlet was installed. I had it propped up on something initially, but just to take the pic I plugged it back in and left it hanging.

Ajpeo3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag
I never got a chance to mount it bc it had already stopped working before my 240v outlet was installed. I had it propped up on something initially, but just to take the pic I plugged it back in and left it hanging.
Ok cool ??

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Take it to the dealer and plug it into one of their outlets.

Our garage was built in the 1960s and the outlets on one side give me Amber and the other side work fine. I really need to check that circuit........

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hello there! Will you send us a private message with your VIN? I would like to take a look at this charger issue.

Jwallace33

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
This exact thing has happened to me today. Looks the same as yours with a little amber to the left and what appears to be a triangle to the right.

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
If your car and charger are new - you did not mention if you bought a new or used MME - the charger is warranted.

This can happen if the ambient temperature is warm and/or other situations that can either heat the charger or not allow it to cool sufficiently. This happened to my charger when the sun shone through a garage window directly on the charger between 4:30-5:30. Ha! I just covered the window.

Definitely communicate with the Official For Account representative.
All the best.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
This exact thing has happened to me today. Looks the same as yours with a little amber to the left and what appears to be a triangle to the right.
It’s sometimes because it’s warm, sometimes just because who knows?

Unplug it and plug back in and it usually goes away.
Sponsored