Reaction score
Website
www.foskettefotography.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Satellite Engineer
Country flag
So I’m charging at work for the first time, plug in, Blue light on, walk inside. I check my FordPass app because I’m like a child after Christmas with their new toy and see that it doesn’t show charging. I get out to the car and still see the blue light, so I figure I let it do it’s thing and check in a few minutes and idiot see the percentage go up very slow . So my question is has anyone else experienced this? Am I just an EV noob and missing something? Thanks in advance!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at work F59F3FAF-972D-4947-9BCA-B26B1C8366A4
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Does the display in the car show that its charging?

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I experience the same thing, and believe it is a problem with the app/Fordpass. The app occasionally states I’m unplugged at home (when i know I’m not) and states I’m not charging (when I know I am).

I took MyChevy app for granted. 100% reliable. It would “confirm” when you remotely started it (FordPass doesn’t). It would confirm when you unlocked, locked, operated windows, etc. (FordPass does not). It would do many (more) things and do so reliably compared to FordPass, which has proven to be so unreliable I just ignore it.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Mine has always shown if its charging in the app. Sometimes it is slow to update between waiting to charge and charging, but its always showing the status.

If you actually click on the car, and then hit the refresh button under the car picture in the vehicle screen, does that cause it to start showing?

OP
OP
nfoxtrot

nfoxtrot

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Occupation
Satellite Engineer
Country flag
I experience the same thing, and believe it is a problem with the app/Fordpass. The app occasionally states I’m unplugged at home (when i know I’m not) and states I’m not charging (when I know I am).

I took MyChevy app for granted. 100% reliable. It would “confirm” when you remotely started it (FordPass doesn’t). It would confirm when you unlocked, locked, operated windows, etc. (FordPass does not). It would do many (more) things and do so reliably compared to FordPass, which has proven to be so unreliable I just ignore it.
I want to say growing pains but can you really when it's a multibillion dollar company that's had 4 plus years to work this stuff out?

OP
OP
nfoxtrot

nfoxtrot

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Occupation
Satellite Engineer
Country flag
Mine has always shown if its charging in the app. Sometimes it is slow to update between waiting to charge and charging, but its always showing the status.

If you actually click on the car, and then hit the refresh button under the car picture in the vehicle screen, does that cause it to start showing?
It doesn't show it there but I just went into my charging sessions and it's showing there, thanks!