Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Those first run issues are mostly unique to Tesla... they’re not really issues for OEMs, and certainly not for cars in the 50k and up range. You generally do not hear from people who are unhappy with their oem £50k + EVs... unless it’s a Tesla. Are there any unhappy Jaguar i-Pace owners? Audi? Porsche Taycan? The Porsche is a similar price to the Model X, and you’ve got virtually no unhappy Porsche drivers, but wow are their a lot of model X moans. To expect Mustangs EV debut to be any different to Jaguar, Audi or Porsche, is a bit of an unfair discredit to ford... never mind their Mustang brand and performance teams who worked on the prototypes... BUT, only time will tell, ay? However From my point of view, looking at all the cars in the race, it seems to be a Tesla problem.

Obviously not... it doesn’t happen overnight! All cars deprecate... however the ones that become classics, are the ones that are looked after, kept alive and can still perform... particular models will do better than others... like First Editions will hold value more than the Mach-E4x for example. So in time, if it is looked after and if it’s battery is upgraded (as per our previous joust ;-), it absolutely will raise its re-sale value... overnight, of course not, but no one is talking about overnight and obviously not a Nissan Leaf either ?. We’re talking about luxury brand, first iteration EVs... they could very well become collectables. In the UK, 2018 model variants of the Jaguar iPace, the first year off the line, resale in today for between 45-65k... depending on the trim and mileage. Their depreciation is very slow.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Are there any unhappy Jaguar i-Pace owners?
There have been lots of folks with many days or weeks in the shop, per the iPace Forum.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Respectfully disagree. I was given a Casio G-Shock DW-6900 as a birthday present in 1996. That same watch today, in mint condition, is worth more than an equivalent model, new, made in 2019... poor condition (like mine), they still fetch around £80, which is only £20-£30 more than a brand new 2019 model... and that has a lot of really old tech in it... but you know what it still does really well... it's primary job, which is to tell the time. Like really well. Just like the MME will still do it's primary job in 24 years time, which is to drive really well. So long as, like the watch, you change it's battery every now and then ;-)

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
There have been lots of folks with many days or weeks in the shop, per the iPace Forum.
I appreciate that there are obviously people who will be unhappy with issues, however I did make sure to say this was from my view point. I don’t read other forums, so I’m not hearing anything but praise for the I-Pace and by contrast a load of bleating from Tesla owners. Granted, there are more Tesla drivers on the road... however it does seem disproportionately high... relative to the interpretation of my experience. Lol.

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
I’ve been doing a lot of reading on e-tron forums recently, considering getting one as it would be immediately available and there are good deals for pre-owned with low mileage. However the amount of problems people seem to have with their e-trons, particularly first year models until Nov 19 (when 2020 models went in production in practice) is surprising. It threw me off a little and I can only wonder what the Mach-E will hold, especially the first batches that they’re now desperately trying to deliver to us in 2020.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
What about a 1996 Casio G-Shock?

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Exactly... you can’t be making such assured statements when not enough time has passed... give it a quarter of a century at least. Lol. Although I reckon there are people out there who would pay a pretty penny for an EV1.

As for the Casio, nothing fancy about it... just a digital watch worth more today than it was in 1996 when I was given it.
Sponsored