PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
I would most appreciate any feedback on this. So from reading earlier posts, the consensus seems to be that the range calculation on the front display is far from accurate, and the best way to get an accurate range estimate is to create a route in the nav and check the battery prediction for the destination and see if it adds charging stops. My display only shows 217 miles of range at 90% charge, so I plugged in the below route in FordPass, and it came up with this for the 208 mile trip starting at 100%…
Ford Mustang Mach-E ‘21 FE Range question A65A0866-3013-4742-BD4B-86012432A81C

So if I didn't stop to charge, I would reach my destination at around 10%.

Is this a legitimate cause for concern? We are past the cold weather here in North Texas, so it's not that. I did get a software update during the recall service a couple weeks ago, so wondering if that has anything to do with it. Thanks.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I would most appreciate any feedback on this. So from reading earlier posts, the consensus seems to be that the range calculation on the front display is far from accurate, and the best way to get an accurate range estimate is to create a route in the nav and check the battery prediction for the destination and see if it adds charging stops. My display only shows 217 miles of range at 90% charge, so I plugged in the below route in FordPass, and it came up with this for the 208 mile trip starting at 100%…
A65A0866-3013-4742-BD4B-86012432A81C.jpeg

So if I didn't stop to charge, I would reach my destination at around 10%.

Is this a legitimate cause for concern? We are past the cold weather here in North Texas, so it's not that. I did get a software update during the recall service a couple weeks ago, so wondering if that has anything to do with it. Thanks.
Not an expert on the range - but there are many variables that impact range. Uphill driving consumes more battery power than downhill. Also the speed at which you drive - higher speed consumes more energy. And temps. I am not sure if FordPass is taking into account elevation in its calculations (I know ABRP does). ANd not sure if there is uphill driving involved on your route. Try plugging in same trip on ABRP and see what it comes up with. Really hard to say as every one drives differently. I dont think there is anything wrong with your battery pack or software update (not really sure if the software updates messed with battery or energy management).

Having said that - A 2021 FE is likely to be at 240-250 miles best case driving at 70mph ; so 218 is not off. I toohave a 21 FE and I am in San Diego and last month my best case based on GOM was close to 200 -220 miles and one day I even saw 190. 4-6 weeks later , this week with temps in 70s and 80s (and me watching how I drive) and me staying at 70 or below , same commute - GOM shows me 250. Big difference in a month - temps and I paying attention to not lead footing is making the difference I think.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
As long as you aren't speeding then you will make it easy. You can expect 25 miles per 10%

Start at 100% and set your departure time. Then watch you miles traveled and confirm the number. At 90% you should have traveled at least 25 miles. 80% - 50 miles etc etc. You should be able to travel 208 miles with ease. Is there a charge opportunity at your destination? You will need more than 80% to get home...

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
As long as you aren't speeding then you will make it easy. You can expect 25 miles per 10%

Start at 100% and set your departure time. Then watch you miles traveled and confirm the number. At 90% you should have traveled at least 25 miles. 80% - 50 miles etc etc. You should be able to travel 208 miles with ease. Is there a charge opportunity at your destination? You will need more than 80% to get home...
Good point - I too estimate average 25 miles per 10%

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I'd go for as long as there is charging at the destination...

OP
OP
PCPilot

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
Thanks all for the comments.
The route won’t involve much hilly terrain, but the fast charging options in the destination area are pretty much nonexistent, so I'll top off to 80% in Waco. I think there are a few stretches of 75mph highway, so maybe that got factored into the range estimate.
Great points on tracking the percentage vs. miles driven. I'll give that a go.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks all for the comments.
The route won’t involve much hilly terrain, but the fast charging options in the destination area are pretty much nonexistent, so I'll top off to 80% in Waco. I think there are a few stretches of 75mph highway, so maybe that got factored into the range estimate.
Great points on tracking the percentage vs. miles driven. I'll give that a go.
Figure 200 miles max at 80%. How many miles from Waco to your destination and back to Waco again?
Sponsored