TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Earlier delivery to get the 7500 tax credit on my 2020 taxes instead of waiting until 2022 to see that. (And Grabber Blue!) And avoid getting new tires and a 100k service on my trade-in that I’d need to do probably before spring when I’d maybe get a Premium.
We hope.?

If all goes well, it appears we're on track to get delivery of (probably) all US FEs. But it'll be close (last 3 weeks of the year, from the sounds of it).

But any hiccups could ruin that timing and push it just over into the 2021 tax year.
Sponsored

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I thought about the FE but the fact that it only came with a black interior was a deal-breaker for me. I live in southern Utah and there are long periods where the high temperature is above 100 degrees. The black interior gets oppressively hot in just a few minutes when parkd.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I thought about the FE but the fact that it only came with a black interior was a deal-breaker for me. I live in southern Utah and there are long periods where the high temperature is above 100 degrees. The black interior gets oppressively hot in just a few minutes when parkd.
Would kill for those moderate temps.....you are lucky!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So you opted for the black interior???
Well.....that is a tricky question.
If our summer temps were only 100 degrees then I would be fine with the dark interior but it's much hotter here so I opted for the light space grey. Not just because of heat but because I liked how it looked much better.

I really did NOT want the glass roof but I had no choice because the most practical way to get the features I want is to order the Premium trim. So, that REALLY pushed me towards the lighter interior.

Then my dealer slipped me some FE juice the week before the infamous Mach Drop and I took the bait. First Editions only come with dark interior so I was stuck with that choice. Have been second guessing it the entire time though.....it gets around 118 here in the summer so I wasn't sure how that was going to be with the glass roof and dark interior.

As luck would have it....Ford sent out some news yesterday about price discounts and now the difference between the Premium AWD with light grey interior and a First Edition is $8200 so now I am back to the light interior again. :)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Well.....that is a tricky question.
If our summer temps were only 100 degrees then I would be fine with the dark interior but it's much hotter here so I opted for the light space grey. Not just because of heat but because I liked how it looked much better.

I really did NOT want the glass roof but I had no choice because the most practical way to get the features I want is to order the Premium trim. So, that REALLY pushed me towards the lighter interior.

Then my dealer slipped me some FE juice the week before the infamous Mach Drop and I took the bait. First Editions only come with dark interior so I was stuck with that choice. Have been second guessing it the entire time though.....it gets around 118 here in the summer so I wasn't sure how that was going to be with the glass roof and dark interior.

As luck would have it....Ford sent out some news yesterday about price discounts and now the difference between the Premium AWD with light grey interior and a First Edition is $8200 so now I am back to the light interior again. :)
Try something like this perhaps if things end up too toasty.

https://www.tesmanian.com/products/ford-mustang-mach-e-glass-roof-sunshade

Skyharbor is the only airport I flew out of where the temperatures have ever been off-scale high on the MD-11's takeoff performance charts. Hot is an understatement.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
My gf has a very practical, not-that-fun take on these kinds of things - "how fast can you get to the speed limit? because after that, who cares?"

she does like to beat people at lights though ?
I never understood why 0-60 times are important. Stupid.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Try something like this perhaps if things end up too toasty.

https://www.tesmanian.com/products/ford-mustang-mach-e-glass-roof-sunshade

Skyharbor is the only airport I flew out of where the temperatures have ever been off-scale high on the MD-11's takeoff performance charts. Hot is an understatement.
I flew through there (as a passenger) a couple of summers ago on a day when they were grounding planes because it was too hot. Thankfully it wasn't a problem for the 767 I was heading out on.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
And bragging rights that you have a first edition.
Never really understood bragging about something that you simply bought--something you did not accomplish or create. I suppose that could be one-stepped to brag about being good enough/working enough to make the money to buy the thing. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to show my Mach-E and talk about it with others (maybe that is bragging).

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I flew through there (as a passenger) a couple of summers ago on a day when they were grounding planes because it was too hot. Thankfully it wasn't a problem for the 767 I was heading out on.
Not to get off topic but we do everything we can here to avoid the sun......then I go and order a car with a glass roof to let it all in.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Not to get off topic but we do everything we can here to avoid the sun......then I go and order a car with a glass roof to let it all in.
Yes but it has 100% UV protection built in.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I never understood why 0-60 times are important. Stupid.
On the contrary, the 0 to 60 is supremely important so you can walk a "real" mustang. :p

#notamache
The temperatures for takeoff calculations go up to 122 F/50 C for routine ops on that airplane. The last time I remember the problem it was 6 pm local and 127 F/53 C. We had to call engineering at headquarters to get the proper data.

The Phoenix guys have a special set of needs with their MME's.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Will believe it when I see it. Law of Physics play by their own rules out here. :)
Laws are made to be broken!
[flips down sunglasses, winks, hits Start button, puts in Drive, peels out]
Sponsored