Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
With the Premium, you get the option to choose battery size where the FE makes you get the extended range. For me the difference is $8200 ($59,640 for the First Edition or $51,440 for the Premium) not including X plan or other incentives.

On one hand, I get the battery size I want, the color I want, the interior I want and save $8200.
On the other hand, I am stuck with the larger battery, get slightly more sprint performance, get the red stitching and body colored wheel arches and quicker delivery but it's more expensive.

Leaning towards waiting for the Premium instead. I would be switching from a Priority Never First Edition to a Priority Next to Never Premium. What is another 4-6 months between friends anyway?
Sponsored

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
4.8 secs vs 5.1 secs 0-60
And are those 0.3 seconda THAT important? The vast mayority of Mach-E owners will not care about such a small difference. I prefer a slower unit and a $2,000 or greater discount.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
And are those 0.3 seconda THAT important? The vast mayority of Mach-E owners will not care about such a small difference. I prefer a slower unit and a $2,000 or greater discount.
The nice thing is while there are tradeoffs of performance vs efficiency, there is no need to trade off performance vs. discounts.

That's a 6% improvement in performance -- nice!

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That 0.3 may be the difference between your passenger having yellow pants vs brown pants when you gun from a red light.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
That 0.3 may be the difference between your passenger having yellow pants vs brown pants when you gun from a red light.
I was just chatting with a friend who is also my A.R.T. chiropractor about the 0-60 times. His comment? "Whiplash every trip! Job security for life!" He was impressed.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you go to the Ford Mach-E page and scroll way down towards the bottom you can select the Premium model and get the new updated 0 to 60 times. Click on the i for additional details.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
If you go to the Ford Mach-E page and scroll way down towards the bottom you can select the Premium model and get the new updated 0 to 60 times. Click on the i for additional details.
I can't get to the ford Mach E page, it's broken for me. I can only access the order a Mach E page and that's where I get the info.

Screenshot_20200929-204254~2.png

Screenshot_20200929-204304~2.png

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was actually answering @ARK. Wherever he, or anybody else, can find the information is great.

The website seems to be behaving better this evening now.

Reactions: ARK

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Can you say where this was published, I believe the Ford website just says mid-5 second range for both standard and extended range?
That was "targeted". Looks like they overshot the target by a little bit...

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thank you, I didn’t realize these were posted today with all the commotion over the price drops.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
The nice thing is while there are tradeoffs of performance vs efficiency, there is no need to trade off performance vs. discounts.

That's a 6% improvement in performance -- nice!
Maybe for you that is a better deal, but a 6% lower cost is what I prefer.if I can get it.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe for you that is a better deal, but a 6% lower cost is what I prefer.if I can get it.
You got one today if you had an order in for a Premium RWD. Plus a performance boost. These are all good things.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Still not understanding why 0-60 times are different from the compare specs section on the Mach E page to the ordering section battery selection page. .3-.4 seconds different between the two.
Sponsored