Vehicles
GTI, Prius
Country flag
I referring to all these items plus others that may push the price to $70k:

Performance Pack
MagneRide
360 Camera
Panorama Roof

I also believe, per the brochure, or media kit, (I forget where) the Mako seats are on the performance edition only as well. I could be, and hope to be wrong.

More speculation by me, but the GT performance edition may be faster through an electronic tune, or the "base" GT may be electronically limited. Something like Tesla's ludicrous mode.

Wheels would be different as well.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I noticed on the specs that the ride height on the GT is 5.3 versus 5.7 on the other models. Why is that? Stability? Crazy how low the ride height is in general, its lower than my Tesla model S.
I've been wondering about that too. They tout this as an SUV (it's really just a crossover), with an AWD option, but 5.7" ground clearance is awfully short for that. Not gonna take much snow to be bottoming out. Or uneven dirt roads.

My Escape is hardly an "off-road" vehicle either, but at least it has a 7.9" ground clearance.

Machemark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, Prius
Country flag
I've been wondering about that too. They tout this as an SUV (it's really just a crossover), with an AWD option, but 5.7" ground clearance is awfully short for that. Not gonna take much snow to be bottoming out. Or uneven dirt roads.

My Escape is hardly an "off-road" vehicle either, but at least it has a 7.9" ground clearance.

I kinda want to see the Mach-E lifted now with some big tires.

However I don't think there's a "snow" or "dirt" mode for the AWD? It sounds like it will work how a base Subaru works albeit controller electronically?

Anyway I'm a bit bummed it's not like a Crosstrek, however I see the Mach-E more like an all weather commuter and not an off-road vehicle.

8Urchvy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE - Carbonized Grey
Country flag
I referring to all these items plus others that may push the price to $70k:

Performance Pack
MagneRide
360 Camera
Panorama Roof

2020 Mustang Options:
Mini-Spare Tire $400
Security Package $395
Active Cruise Control $1,000
Equipment Group with Heated Steering Wheel $2,200
Ambient Lighting $1,000
Voice Touch Screen $995
What ever the GT finally comes out to be with options, fully priced, it will need to be compared to the model Y dual motor.

That is what their target is.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
I kinda want to see the Mach-E lifted now with some big tires.

However I don't think there's a "snow" or "dirt" mode for the AWD? It sounds like it will work how a base Subaru works albeit controller electronically?

Anyway I'm a bit bummed it's not like a Crosstrek, however I see the Mach-E more like an all weather commuter and not an off-road vehicle.
Work more like a and Tesla or Rav 4 hybrid.

Bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
I'm glad it isn't sitting all jacked up. It is supposed to be a sporty crossover so it needs to sit low. I will actually look to decrease the tire to fender clearance another inch from the GT photos when I receive mine.

Tkeep

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford C-Max Energi
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
+1! If they just let you order the bigger motor in the Premium, that is a near-perfect car!
Agreed, but I would add the final detail of the red calipers on the brakes and then its a perfect car

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I'm glad it isn't sitting all jacked up. It is supposed to be a sporty crossover so it needs to sit low. I will actually look to decrease the tire to fender clearance another inch from the GT photos when I receive mine.
From the specs published so far the GT is already sitting a bit lower at 5.3" ground clearance. I know ford USA are now all against cars, so buy all means market it as a SUV if you want but nobody would have called the c-max a crossover or suv.

Before the mustang do over it was just the all electric c-max replacement it is pretty much the same dimensions just a bit longer as the wheel base is larger, but this is to be expected as the size of the battery pack would determined the minimum spacing. The battery is going to raise the floor vs an ICE so there is even less head room compared to the c-max (ignoring glass roof) the new euro mk4 focus has a bit more front head room 993 mm vs the 987mm of the mach-e, if you add the glass roof then you naturally get more head room vs adding the sun roof to a mk4 focus which reduces it, while the mach-e has a bit more rear head room thanks to the increased length.

Marketing can keep up the SUV moniker but with the lower center of gravity due to the batteries I fully expect it to drive and handle similar to a car and not have the roly-poly dynamics of a suv. Then again ford slapped the ST badge on the Edge and that is hopeless and a million miles away from what is expected from an ST lets hope the GT delivers.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
I just don't see how mid-five second 0-60 is quick enough when a RAV4 plug-in hybrid will basically match the Mustang Mach-E.

The good news is that the rear motor at 282hp is actually de-rated by 100hp. The base AWD front motor at 50hp is de-rated from 67hp. This means that an OTA update could increase performance as long as the hardware (inverter, thermal management system, etc) could handle the power increase.

Another implication is that there will likely be an aftermarket for performance modules to improve the car's specs over time.
We all are aware of Tesla's Model 3 acceleration improvements by purchasing the option for a cool $2000. OTA improvements such as Tesla's will be something Ford will explore and improve.
Sharing or giving code to third parties will be unthinkable by Tesla, Apple or Microsoft.
Ford will try Tesla's Model of improving the vehicle by retrieving more real world data about the vehicle. Extracting value from OTA upgrades is a reasonable idea. Why not. Tesla does it. So...if the motors are de rated then there is a good chance of performance improvements for a reasonable fee. Personally I think Ford is still gathering data. I expect surprises.
I have reserved the Premium Long Range AWD model. I expect progressive improvements or is wishful thinking on my part. We all know with ICE vehicles, if you want the latest technology....you had to purchase another vehicle or spent more money to improve the existing technology.
OTA improvements is a game changer.
Tesla does very well with it.....why not Ford.!!!
We are ready to find out. I wish Ford was more forthcoming. We going to have to wait and find out.!!!!
Sponsored