Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Having driven the AWD+ER for 6 months i know the passengers did have some issues with motion sickness. After switching to a GT PE there were no more complaints.

Maybe because they got used to the car more or the magnaride actually handles different.
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Having driven the AWD+ER for 6 months i know the passengers did have some issues with motion sickness. After switching to a GT PE there were no more complaints.

Maybe because they got used to the car more or the magnaride actually handles different.
The MagneRide shocks definitely tame those springs for sure.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thanks all for the good suggestions. I have driven with her in Whisper and 2 pedal driving/breaking. That was the easy first step. Didn't help. I offered to let her drive but she knows about shortages and delays for replacement parts and is worried I will be mad if something happens so she's scared to drive it. She also thinks it was much more expensive than it was when in reality, I paid more for her loaded Explorer than I did for Sparky.

In reality, she is just very stubborn. Once she doesn't like something, hard to change her mind about it. She would rather complain than drive it and see if that improves her issue - I am sure you husbands out there have no idea what I'm talking about LOL. I guess I need to find one to test drive with her and see how it goes. Anyone in Cleveland have a GT they want to lend me???
IMO, you won't solve this for the reasons you stated. Even if you found that a GT was a bit better, she'd find out that it cost even more and your goose would be cooked. Give up.

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
Bumping this thread because I'm considering a 2023/2024 Mach-E but am also very susceptible to motion sickness. :D I sat in my relative's Mach-E GT (non-PE) recently as a front passenger and had no issues with motion sickness (he was driving in Whisper Mode). Parents sat as rear passengers in the Mach-E GT and didn't report any bouncing/motion sickness.

Was there ever a consensus as to Premium vs. GT? Is Premium RWD less likely to cause motion sickness than Premium AWD because the acceleration is less aggressive?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Bumping this thread because I'm considering a 2023/2024 Mach-E but am also very susceptible to motion sickness. :D I sat in my relative's Mach-E GT (non-PE) recently as a front passenger and had no issues with motion sickness (he was driving in Whisper Mode). Parents sat as rear passengers in the Mach-E GT and didn't report any bouncing/motion sickness.

Was there ever a consensus as to Premium vs. GT? Is Premium RWD less likely to cause motion sickness than Premium AWD because the acceleration is less aggressive?
Both the Premium and GT are under-damped in the rebound direction. It's pretty much a wash. The GT does ride a bit rougher than the Premium so the oscillations may be obfuscated a little bit, but if a rear seat passenger is subject to being car sick and you're on the right road, both trims will make your passenger sick. The only fixes are: 1) installation of the Konis that @markboris tested and tuned, 2) Magneride, or 3: The KW coil-over system. There are still no good aftermarket shocks made as a direct replacement. Even if there were, they may or may not correct the rebound oscillation problem. It depends on how the shock company goes about testing and tuning. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Teleks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT Performance Ed, 2014 Fiesta ST
Country flag
I haven't read the thread very carefully, but I think no one has actually said it very clearly and to the point:

If you want a significant improvement in terms of bounce and ride quality: you won't get that when you upgrade to GT - you will only get that when you upgrade to the GT Performance Edition. Only with the performance edition you get an actually different suspension. @JDrazMME: I wouldn't be surprised if this friend you're talking about has a GT PE.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I haven't read the thread very carefully, but I think no one has actually said it very clearly and to the point:

If you want a significant improvement in terms of bounce and ride quality: you won't get that when you upgrade to GT - you will only get that when you upgrade to the GT Performance Edition. Only with the performance edition you get an actually different suspension. @JDrazMME: I wouldn't be surprised if this friend you're talking about has a GT PE.
Yes, but the GT suspension isn't the same as the Premium and other models. Only the GTPE has active suspension and consequently it tames the bounce best. But the GT suspension is tighter than the other models so to some it will feel less bouncy.

There is a significant dependency on your local roads and personal preference. I have never had a bounce issue in my car on the roads I have driven on.
Sponsored