MME 2023 Premium eAWD ER vs GT

Teledatageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford Raptor; '24 BMW X5 50e
Country flag
Came across this thread this morning. I ordered a Vapor Blue Premium with the Pony Package last week. I think the difference is less than $2K to get a GT. I also thought the Premium had features the GT did not. Seems like a no brainer to change my order. I imagine the GT doesn't ride as smooth on the 20's vs. the 19's on the Premium.

But lots of niceties over a Premium it seems.. Anybody know what happens when you change an order (no VIN of course), do you go to the back of the line and clock starts over?
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Came across this thread this morning. I ordered a Vapor Blue Premium with the Pony Package last week. I think the difference is less than $2K to get a GT. I also thought the Premium had features the GT did not. Seems like a no brainer to change my order. I imagine the GT doesn't ride as smooth on the 20's vs. the 19's on the Premium.

But lots of niceties over a Premium it seems.. Anybody know what happens when you change an order (no VIN of course), do you go to the back of the line and clock starts over?
Going to the back of the line (losing a week) is not a big deal at this point.

But yeah, it’s a new order. Get what you want.

OP
OP

maggo5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Thank you all for the responses so far (and additional ones to come)!

I personally submitted a second order for the GT as I found out the deposit will be refunded, so no harm done in having both and seeing what comes when (then cancel the premium later probably)

mu5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I am in the same boat. I've ordered Premium, now thinking of switching to GT, just +3K. But looks and drives much better. I'll contact the dealership first, but I guess it is a new order?

Teledatageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford Raptor; '24 BMW X5 50e
Country flag
I am in the same boat. I've ordered Premium, now thinking of switching to GT, just +3K. But looks and drives much better. I'll contact the dealership first, but I guess it is a new order?
I did this and my sales guy just made the change. No signature or anything, just an email or two.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
It depends on where it is in the process. If Ford has accepted the order from the dealership, you might be able to change it but most likely a new order is needed. If Ford has not accepted the order from the dealership yet, it is just a change at the dealer and a new order isn't required (because technically there isn't an order yet).

Mach Tuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 23 MME GT, 08 Mustang GT Vert, 19 Audi Q7
Country flag
The only downside of going with the GT is the cost of ownership over time. 3k up front, a bit less range, more expensive tires. Insurance may be a couple bucks more. Whether your buying the MME P4X or the GT your not buying it because its the most economical EV out there. We could also buy a nice ICE and have alot of gas money left over.
Philosophically we all made a decision that we wanted to go Electric but were not willing to give up the idea of having a cool car. The MMEs are definitely cool. The GT is just a bit cooler.
I said it earlier in the thread, and I wont say it again after this, GT owners never regret owning a GT.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I said it earlier in the thread, and I wont say it again after this, GT owners never regret owning a GT.
This is true for me! I ordered a Premium but then purchased a GT. I am very happy with that decision.

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
I sold my Premium after 10K miles and moved to a GT. One thing not mentioned is the planted feel the GT has cornering compared to the Premium. The wider tires definitely help manage the power. In my Premium eAWD ER when cornering you could get loose much easier than the GT. And as everyone knows the extra HP is always fun!

mu5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
So this is interesting. If I put my order two weeks ago, and it's still not accepted by Ford, what does it mean? Why is it still sitting on dealer's table? Are those delivery timeframes on the ford website applicable after Ford has accepted an order? Or after dealer has accepted it?

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
My wife prefers the light grey premium seats.
Jes sayin. You know I lost that battle. She won’t do black seats. She’s also appalled they’re not cooled.
Jes sayin again FOMOCO you sell more Evies out west and it’s pretty freaking hot out here that was a dumb ass move
Rant over
Grrrrrrrrr

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My wife prefers the light grey premium seats.
Jes sayin. You know I lost that battle. She won’t do black seats. She’s also appalled they’re not cooled.
Jes sayin again FOMOCO you sell more Evies out west and it’s pretty freaking hot out here that was a dumb ass move
Rant over
Grrrrrrrrr
I like the light grey seats too. I wish Ford had the GTs available with the regular premium seats (like has always been possible on the ICE Mustang GT). Don't like the dark seats, and don't like the the Miko inserts either.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I sold my Premium after 10K miles and moved to a GT. One thing not mentioned is the planted feel the GT has cornering compared to the Premium. The wider tires definitely help manage the power. In my Premium eAWD ER when cornering you could get loose much easier than the GT. And as everyone knows the extra HP is always fun!
Can't you just put wider tires on a Premium? Seems more reasonable than swapping cars. Doesn't help with the power of course, but if tire width was my concern I would rather find my own tires and get the best ones than pay Ford more just to get the usually subpar OEM tires.

I know this past year though most have been able to walk away from their vehicle for equal or more than they paid which can make it easier. But this isn't something I would recommend to anyone with a '22 that would be forced to order a '23, as the price increase compared to '22s is going to eat up that advantage pretty heavily.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So this is interesting. If I put my order two weeks ago, and it's still not accepted by Ford, what does it mean? Why is it still sitting on dealer's table? Are those delivery timeframes on the ford website applicable after Ford has accepted an order? Or after dealer has accepted it?
It is because your dealer doesn't have enough allocation from Ford to order it. Ford divides up the available orders across multiple dealers. Once a dealer has placed all the orders they have been given, they have to wait for more allocation from Ford. My dealer had to wait about four months before Ford world accept my order.

mu5e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
It is because your dealer doesn't have enough allocation from Ford to order it. Ford divides up the available orders across multiple dealers. Once a dealer has placed all the orders they have been given, they have to wait for more allocation from Ford. My dealer had to wait about four months before Ford world accept my order.
In my case I have almost a dozen dealers nearby. Is there a reliable way to figure out which one would allocate my order with Ford sooner? Should I just call them and ask? (please point me to the thread with more info on that). I don't really care which dealer to use.
Sponsored