Premium vs. First Edition

dcacosta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hey folks,

I need some help! So I ordered my Premium back in June when the books opened up. Then the Mach Drop happened and I tried to order the First Edition. I never heard back from my dealer, so I assumed that the First Edition was a no go. Now, flash forward to this week, my dealer calls me to tell me that the First Edition did go through and will be here Monday. The Premium is scheduled for 03/05. The dealer is allowing me to pick which one I want as they are going to sell the other one (and obviously with ADM).

So my question is, which one should I choose? The Premium is AWD with Infinite Blue and Grey Interior. First Edition is Carbonized Gray with Black Interior and Red Stitching.

Do you all think the First Edition will have a better resale value?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
All I can say is that I love my FE - though a lot of that love is due to the GB color.

Outside of that, the biggest thing for me was the all black interior, seats AND headliner/pillars. It wasn't actually disclosed as a "feature" of the FE's, but all the renders showed all black in them and it came true to production.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Personally, I don't believe 'resale' value will be significant between the two. Assuming 3-5 years from now there will be multiple new models out, unless someone really wants a fancy '1st edition' badge I don't think it will affect value much.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Hey folks,

I need some help! So I ordered my Premium back in June when the books opened up. Then the Mach Drop happened and I tried to order the First Edition. I never heard back from my dealer, so I assumed that the First Edition was a no go. Now, flash forward to this week, my dealer calls me to tell me that the First Edition did go through and will be here Monday. The Premium is scheduled for 03/05. The dealer is allowing me to pick which one I want as they are going to sell the other one (and obviously with ADM).

So my question is, which one should I choose? The Premium is AWD with Infinite Blue and Grey Interior. First Edition is Carbonized Gray with Black Interior and Red Stitching.

Thanks in advance!
Resale value after five years will probably be more or less same. Unless teh Fes become collectables or something.

The FE is $3600 more than the Premium. Internals all same. Cosmetic differences - colored wheel lips, metal brake and accelerator pads, dash as different trim and red or blue seat stitching. FE naming on door sills (cant see unless door is open). Headliners seem to be black in the FE. So you have to decide. My guess is you are not going to get the 3600 difference back after 5 years (but will probably get back some of it -may be half of it). I am in the same boat - I am choosing my Mach Drop as I cant wait wait two more months for the Premium to be delivered. If they were here on the same day I would probably go with the Premium. The savings will cover a big chunk of the PPF and ceramic coating costs.

SO comes down personal choice.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Thanks in advance!
I'm hopeful as an FE buyer, but realistically, since it's ultimately just a fancy package on top of Premium, it's going to depend on what the value of "First" will be on resale, which we just don't know right now.

Ultimately in your position, I wouldn't rely on resale difference to make this decision. I'd rely on whether you feel the features of the package and being "first" are worth the $3,600 to you today and over the course of the payments.

The BEV market right now is such that we don't really know what the Mach-E resale will be like in any event.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Hey folks,

Thanks in advance!
No idea about resale, but the only reason I got the Drop FE over my PE 4X was to get GB. Nothing else there worth $3600, IMO. So I am eating the $3600 to get GB. Little bit of coolness, maybe, but pretty much just the color.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
All I can say is that I love my FE - though a lot of that love is due to the GB color.

Outside of that, the biggest thing for me was the all black interior, seats AND headliner/pillars. It wasn't actually disclosed as a "feature" of the FE's, but all the renders showed all black in them and it came true to production.
Great point is going to be color...i think color can sell a vehicle. However, on that same note... very nice colors can be very hard to maintain and keep that way.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
No idea about resale, but the only reason I got the Drop FE over my PE 4X was to get GB. Nothing else there worth $3600, IMO. So I am eating the $3600 to get GB. Little bit of coolness, maybe, but pretty much just the color.
Fully agree. Grabber Blue is the only reason I went with First Edition. If I had more patience, I would have switched to GT and have Grabber Blue roof as well.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My vote

1 GT
2 FE
3 PE AWD EXT
4 RT 1

Resale should be equal in value for the trimline, extended battery I would think have a greater long term value.

Last edited:
Reactions: UW2