Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Resale value after five years will probably be more or less same. Unless teh Fes become collectables or something.

The FE is $3600 more than the Premium. Internals all same. Cosmetic differences - colored wheel lips, metal brake and accelerator pads, dash as different trim and red or blue seat stitching. FE naming on door sills (cant see unless door is open). Headliners seem to be black in the FE. So you have to decide. My guess is you are not going to get the 3600 difference back after 5 years (but will probably get back some of it -may be half of it). I am in the same boat - I am choosing my Mach Drop as I cant wait wait two more months for the Premium to be delivered. If they were here on the same day I would probably go with the Premium. The savings will cover a big chunk of the PPF and ceramic coating costs.

SO comes down personal choice.
I will also add that First Edition adds calipers for your brakes and the wheel well fender trims are the same body panel versus the black plastic fender trim (fender trim on the premium is more in line with your mid-priced SUV crossover, most high-end crossovers/SUVs fender trims are like the First Edition). Again, small differences that may not be important to you for the price difference. I think if you were looking at the Grabber Blue FE then it makes even more sense (since that is not an available color currently on any other trim besides future models).

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Hey folks,

I need some help! So I ordered my Premium back in June when the books opened up. Then the Mach Drop happened and I tried to order the First Edition. I never heard back from my dealer, so I assumed that the First Edition was a no go. Now, flash forward to this week, my dealer calls me to tell me that the First Edition did go through and will be here Monday. The Premium is scheduled for 03/05. The dealer is allowing me to pick which one I want as they are going to sell the other one (and obviously with ADM).

So my question is, which one should I choose? The Premium is AWD with Infinite Blue and Grey Interior. First Edition is Carbonized Gray with Black Interior and Red Stitching.

Do you all think the First Edition will have a better resale value?

Thanks in advance!
I'd go with the FE in a heartbeat. I did the same thing as you did, IB with the space gray interior, then upgraded to the FE in CG with the dark interior. I'm SOOOO glad I got the choice of the FE.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hey folks,

I need some help! So I ordered my Premium back in June when the books opened up. Then the Mach Drop happened and I tried to order the First Edition. I never heard back from my dealer, so I assumed that the First Edition was a no go. Now, flash forward to this week, my dealer calls me to tell me that the First Edition did go through and will be here Monday. The Premium is scheduled for 03/05. The dealer is allowing me to pick which one I want as they are going to sell the other one (and obviously with ADM).

So my question is, which one should I choose? The Premium is AWD with Infinite Blue and Grey Interior. First Edition is Carbonized Gray with Black Interior and Red Stitching.

Thanks in advance!
I think you should ask yourself which color combination you prefer more, and if it is the FE, if the increase in price is worth that difference based on your likely enjoyment of the car. Or conversely, if your preference is not the Premium, whether the cash in your pocket is worth not having your preferred color combo for however long you are planning to keep your Mach-E.

As others have said, the FE was the only way to get into a Grabber Blue Mach-E this side of the GT. At least for me, because I would be parking outside in a hot climate, I pretty much had to drop consideration of the FE from the start because it did not come with the light interior.

pmoc09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max
Country flag
No idea about resale, but the only reason I got the Drop FE over my PE 4X was to get GB. Nothing else there worth $3600, IMO. So I am eating the $3600 to get GB. Little bit of coolness, maybe, but pretty much just the color.
Ditto!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
For the OP, def go with the premium and save the $3600. IMHO the only reason to get a FE is for the Grabber Blue, and even then that's a lot of money for flashier paint.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I try to be fiscally responsible, within reason. It was hard for me to “justify“ the extra cost of a FE over the premium, except that I wanted a color that I could only get via the FE. I pick my FE up tomorrow.

Since my choice was essentially color driven (and the only reason I’m trading in my Bolt is to get the same EV range in a car that isn’t ugly), I recommend you get the car that visually appeals to you the most.

pmoc09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max
Country flag
I'll make this easier for you (via quick google search):
Infinite Blue also available on Explorer
Rapid Red also available on Explorer and F-150
Space White also available on F-150
Iconic Silver also available on Expedition and F-150
Carbonized Gray also available on F-150
Shadow Black also available on Everything
Star White also available on Explorer, Edge, F-150
The way I see it Grabber Blue is the only color that says 'Mustang'. Hope this helps!

Reactions: UW2

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I Prefer the RR with light gray interior. Which I prefer to the dark interior. Mine is a premium mache4X.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Hey folks,

Thanks in advance!
I have had the exact same FE that you are that trying to decide on for two weeks today. Same stitching, same everything. I love the look of the car - had Cilajet applied and got it back two days ago. Looks great - I really like the red calipers. But the IB is a stand out color too. If you can't do what has already reasonably been suggested (get both!) then I vote for the FE. But that is just me. I agree with the others - go with your gut - either way you're going to have an obvious awesome ride.

Reactions: ARK

Firefox2968

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chakotay... Mach E AWD Premium SR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey folks,

Thanks in advance!
Tell him you want to buy both, at your order price of course. Then I will buy the Premium from you with a little mark up to you of course. That is exactly what I have on order. Just being funny, I think. Sorry.

FairfieldCT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE (Mach Drop)
Country flag
Interestingly enough my dealer did the exact same thing, I ended up with on Premium ER AWD and a FE on order. Both in Red... Until yesterday, Ford tracker was saying that the Premium would be delivered a week after the FE. Despite the difference I told him I would stay with the FE.

Dealer called me this morning saying that the Premium arrived today and wanted me to confirm I would be OK waiting 2 weeks for the FE before he announces the Premium.

I know there are about 3k difference for cosmetics but I decided to wait for the FE... Like most said before, it comes down to personal preferences...
Sponsored