First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Mustang Mach-E E4X
Country flag
All -

I thought I would update the community on an issue I've been experiencing which I suspect is affecting a large number of other new Mach-E owners.

I picked up my brand new Mach-E on Monday, and everything has been working like a charm except for Connected Services to setup the Ford Pass Charging Network trial. There is a pop up that prompts you to update your 'primary address' even though the address is already in the profile and correct. See below for what this looks like:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Connected Services Bug for Ford Pass Charging Network Trial Activation Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 1.03.22 PM

After updating the address and hitting 'Save', the connected services website will look like it's loading and accepting the entry, but then the same pop-up appears - over and over again.

I reached out to Ford support, and after some back and forth, escalation and provision of screenshots, they have confirmed that this is a bug with the form which was developed by a third-party provider.

They designated the highest priority fix level given the impact and importance of a smooth Mach-E launch, and I received an update this morning from them saying that they expect the fix to be pushed into production by EOD 2/26.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Connected Services Bug for Ford Pass Charging Network Trial Activation Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 9.20.38 AM

So, for any of you out there experiencing this super frustrating bug - help is on the way!

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
I got an email yesterday about setting up the Ford Pass Charging network... wonder if it's tied together? or is it just a Stock email?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Connected Services Bug for Ford Pass Charging Network Trial Activation 1614349733194

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Yeah it's a canned email cuz I've already set up everything related to connected services (luckily I didn't have any issues) and it shows my free 250kWh and expiration date of the membership etc and I still got this email yesterday.

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
When I go to Connected Services, it just takes me to my account summary page. Where the heck is the activiation?

SimS

First Name
Sim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Prius, F150
Country flag
I also had trouble confirming my credit card. It was partially user error in that I didn't click the "bullet" next to my stored credit card prior to clicking the confirm button on the confirmation page. I personally don't like side to side, up and down data entry on web pages. It's especially difficult on phones and tablets where some of the entries maybe scrolled off the top/bottom of the page. Regardless I got into a continuous loop with the CC security code (CVV) entry pop up screen and the confirmation screen. I tried several browser/computers and it still looped. So there must be some server side cookie/data stored by account that forces the code into the pop up CVV page loop. I think when the confirmation page has missing data (like my missing "bullet") it should pop an error instead of proceeding to the CVV pop up and looping.

My Solution:
On the Confirmation/Complete Order page enter/add an new/different CC
Enter all the data carefully
Make sure all bullets, check boxes, etc. are correct before clicking Add a new CC
On the Confirmation/Complete Order screen select the "new" CC (click the damn "bullet")
Make sure you check the "agree" check box.
Confirm your order.
Enter your CVV
Done.
Sponsored