Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Many of you are talking about this nasty Virus. I have read interesting posts about
this. How is it effecting your lives and industry. Please Post here for all of us to share.
Let's keep this thread about the Virus only. Thank You.
Sponsored

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
My wife and I are buying more Ford (F) Stock.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
New Rochelle NY had martial law imposed with national Guard.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am wondering if battery manufacturing has shut down because of the virus.

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME FE, 21 MME GTPE, 23 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
New Rochelle NY had martial law imposed with national Guard.
Not quite. “Don’t worry about the National Guard,” said New Rochelle Mayor Noah Bramson. “They are here to help ... We are not under martial law, there is no quarantined zone, nobody is barred from moving around.”

I live 90 minutes from New Rochelle. While the National Guard is there to help people within the containment zone, the area is not under martial law. The National Guardsmen are not brandishing weapons, they are distributing food and supplies to those that are quarantined.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Not quite. “Don’t worry about the National Guard,” said New Rochelle Mayor Noah Bramson. “They are here to help ... We are not under martial law, there is no quarantined zone, nobody is barred from moving around.”

I live 90 minutes from New Rochelle. While the National Guard is there to help people within the containment zone, the area is not under martial law. The National Guardsmen are not brandishing weapons, they are distributing food and supplies to those that are quarantined.
I apologize for not doing the proper research. My bad.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My wife and I are buying more Ford (F) Stock.
I'm working on freeing up some cash from other investments to move into the stock market, to take advantage of the buying opportunity.

But with as widespread as the shutdowns are becoming, I'm afraid the rebound will take much longer than hoped. The ripple effects of all this will clobber the economy. Even one like ours (US) that was soaring.

It's also not helping my decision to spend $55k on a Mach-e this year. Gonna be a much harder choice when it's time to commit to that order. I might pass on my reservation spot when they come calling, and consider just buying one off the lot later next year.

OP
OP
Sweetwater

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Is our news correct, just scaring people, or incorrect ? We must all work
together and follow the guidelines. Do not play this down as it is real.
Everyday it is increasing across the USA. Lets all do our part to stop the
spread as best we can. This is not going to be easy for most of us.
If you believe please say a prayer for all and the elderly. We can as a group
keep safe for our families and friends. We have hardships coming and
lets stay positive and safe for all
Face masks are really hard to acquire . I made my own (don't laugh)
Take a swifter jet mop refill and attach 2 rubber bands on ends to
go over ears. Try it as it works and smells good. ;) :)

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is our news correct, just scaring people, or incorrect ?
All of the above.

Actually I wouldn't say "incorrect", but they're doing a poor job of puting it in perspective. The initial mortality rates of 3-4% were based on very incomplete data. Now they're heading below 1% as we find out more people actually have the virus (and survive it). Good chance we're heading closer to the annual influenza mortality rate of roughly 0.1% once we get a better handle on testing and modeling how many people actually get it. We're counting every death accurately but we're surely way undercounting how many get it.

But at the same time, this does appear to be more contageous, at least in the absence of a proven vaccine. So even though the media is overdramatizing, it's still important to try to prevent the spread of the virus. Particularly to the at-risk population... typically old, vulnerable people who are always at risk from influenza too. 10's of thousands of which die from the flu in the US annually already.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
I'm working on freeing up some cash from other investments to move into the stock market, to take advantage of the buying opportunity.

But with as widespread as the shutdowns are becoming, I'm afraid the rebound will take much longer than hoped. The ripple effects of all this will clobber the economy. Even one like ours (US) that was soaring.

It's also not helping my decision to spend $55k on a Mach-e this year. Gonna be a much harder choice when it's time to commit to that order. I might pass on my reservation spot when they come calling, and consider just buying one off the lot later next year.
I'm pretty sure you can place your order and still back out prior to taking delivery of the vehicle. That would give you more time to decide on whether you want to go through with it. Not sure if you'd lose any deposit if you did that. Still remains to be seen and would be something to find out about/negotiate with the dealer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Whatever the actually mortality rate turn out to be, Covid-19 is unquestionably a much more serious disease than seasonal flu for older people.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Corona Virus Posts ONLY 1584471895486

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Whatever the actually mortality rate turn out to be, Covid-19 is unquestionably a much more serious disease than seasonal flu for older people.

1584471895486.png
The only caveat to this is that there seems to be many (maybe?) people that might be getting the virus and it never gets counted since it is never severe enough for them to go to a doctor and have it confirmed. It's worse than the flu, I'm sure, but I'm not sure it is as bad as stated in the above graphs.