Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
So I have my Tesla Adapter on order, which will be too late for a trip I am taking over the weekend where I will need a supercharger once on the way and once on the return trip. I have gotten to where I prefer to use Plugshare to plan my trips since I feel it has better accuracy on the condition and availability of charging stations while on the road. Anyway, while planning my trip I decided to look ahead at what filters to select once I do get my adaptor. I was surprised that I was already stumped with two Tesla versions to select (really three if you count the Roadster). Below is a screenshot of the filter settings in PlugShare. Can someone clarify, before I get into trouble, if I should simply select the "Tesla (Fast)" option below if I want a charger to be at least 50KW/hr. Is the regular Tesla Charger option the equivalent of our Level II? Thanks for any help.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Correct Plugshare Filters to Use with New Tesla Adapter 119454-6f592c88072dcbde1f3340baed88899f
Sponsored

VaporTrails

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GTPE
Country flag
I don’t think PlugShare can do what you want yet. The MME can only charge on V3 and v4 fast chargers. The problem is that PlugShare does not differentiate in the set of “Tesla (Fast)” chargers. It included v2 chargers in that filter set.

Peugfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Linc MKX, 2021 MME Prem 4EX Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you filter by Tesla (Fast) and >=250kW, that should limit results to v3-v4 Superchargers that can be used by the Mach-E.
You can also select >=165kW which will also locate some 180 kW CCS/SAE chargers and select Tesla fast so you will get V3 but not V2 which are all 150.

superlarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 California Rt 1 Edition
Country flag
Unfortunately, if the station has V2s mixed with V3s, even setting your filters like this wont work. I would check the tesla app or fordpass separately or find another option to confirm that you can charge at a particular supercharger station

Zardoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GT
I left a review on the Google Play store complaining about the lack of a filter as Tesla opens up their network and got a response that they are working on a new filter option. You may be forced to use the Tesla app to verify each location will work with the Mach E for the time being. Makes it hard to plan trips with two apps.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
I left a review on the Google Play store complaining about the lack of a filter as Tesla opens up their network and got a response that they are working on a new filter option. You may be forced to use the Tesla app to verify each location will work with the Mach E for the time being. Makes it hard to plan trips with two apps.
Wow, your response and all the others have been very helpful and it definitely points to some apps needing to revamp how their filters work now that other manufactures are joining the Tesla network. Maybe this will be worked out by June (when mine arrives), but if not, I am better prepared what to do.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
It appears Tesla has been adding Magic Dock locations, even while this NACS adapter rollout is underway.

Open the Telsa app and tell it you don't have an NACS connector (yet). It will show you magic dock locations.
I see one in Columbia SC, and Atlanta now. New York seems to still have the most, but others are popping up apparently.

ekroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023.5 Mach-e GTPE
Check out tesla.com/findus it allows you to filter down to only nacs superchargers…

you can also do this at supercharge.info if you really want to go in depth
Sponsored