Could I please get advice on wheel ideas? I’ve narrowed my choices down to these pictures below.

Jasonbourne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e 2022
Occupation
Military
Hey there, I’m looking for anyone to provide any input on wheels I wanna get for my Mach e. I’ve narrowed it down to two choices. I’m new to aftermarket rims, Is there anything I should be aware of? Any better rim ideas? I wanna stay at 20 inches and at least 8.5 width. Thanks for your help guys. Sorry I’m new to all this. Hopefully you can see the images. If you can’t, the rims are Msw type 50 black and the gran turismo hlt
Ford Mustang Mach-E Could I please get advice on wheel ideas? I’ve narrowed my choices down to these pictures below. F24E25CE-9E86-4B44-9662-9F1DAEE879DF
Ford Mustang Mach-E Could I please get advice on wheel ideas? I’ve narrowed my choices down to these pictures below. FC353601-19C8-4DBB-9D40-41CF99F57C45

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
What model and colour is your car?

alroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Standard w/ AWD
Country flag
What's the offset on those? I had to use a 3mm spacer in order to fit my +38mm offset....the wheel hub nut wouldn't allow me to have center caps if I didn't use the spacer :rolleyes:

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
What's the offset on those? I had to use a 3mm spacer in order to fit my +38mm offset....the wheel hub nut wouldn't allow me to have center caps if I didn't use the spacer :rolleyes:
45mm offset.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Could I please get advice on wheel ideas? I’ve narrowed my choices down to these pictures below. B134F77D-C197-4349-8242-C137703B3271

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The rims that come standard on the premium are pretty sick. Maybe stick with those if that’s what you got?

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Not a fan of black so OZ gets my vote.

But wheels are personal enough choice - pick the ones you want; not what we want. Our opinions don’t matter one iota in this case. Unless you’re hoping one of us will talk you out of $2k in rims…. Which we won’t 🙃

OP
OP

Jasonbourne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e 2022
Occupation
Military
The rims that come standard on the premium are pretty sick. Maybe stick with those if that’s what you got?
I got the select ones. I want somthing better and just wider too. Looks way better

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Could I please get advice on wheel ideas? I’ve narrowed my choices down to these pictures below. image
Ford Mustang Mach-E Could I please get advice on wheel ideas? I’ve narrowed my choices down to these pictures below. image

MSW FTW

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I'm partial to the OZ Gran Turismo. You might look to see if you can get the OZ Superturismo Aero, I like them even more and they have an aerodynamic ring for slightly better range (probably quite minimal, but hey, everything helps).

On light colored cars I prefer light colored wheels - black looks good in theory but they can kind of "disappear" under the car.

As far as offsets go, +35 seems to be the maximum you can go on a 9" or 8.5" width - that is poked almost all the way out to the fender. +38 looks good in most cases, and +40 to +45 would fit in a "stock-like" wheel poke. Higher offsets than that wouldn't be recommended, they'd be too far in and you'd risk hitting suspension components. Personally I think +40 to +35 is the sweet spot.

Make sure you add centering rings if the wheel has a bore other than 63.4mm (most will be a larger bore than that). The rings, even plastic ones, will help center the wheel while you are mounting it to ensure a wobble-free fit.

You may also need other lug nuts, the stock lug nuts won't fit in all aftermarket wheels (too wide).

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I'm partial to the OZ Gran Turismo. You might look to see if you can get the OZ Superturismo Aero, I like them even more and they have an aerodynamic ring for slightly better range (probably quite minimal, but hey, everything helps).

On light colored cars I prefer light colored wheels - black looks good in theory but they can kind of "disappear" under the car.

As far as offsets go, +35 seems to be the maximum you can go on a 9" or 8.5" width - that is poked almost all the way out to the fender. +38 looks good in most cases, and +40 to +45 would fit in a "stock-like" wheel poke. Higher offsets than that wouldn't be recommended, they'd be too far in and you'd risk hitting suspension components. Personally I think +40 to +35 is the sweet spot.

Make sure you add centering rings if the wheel has a bore other than 63.4mm (most will be a larger bore than that). The rings, even plastic ones, will help center the wheel while you are mounting it to ensure a wobble-free fit.

You may also need other lug nuts, the stock lug nuts won't fit in all aftermarket wheels (too wide).
Just an fyi, the +45 offset on the 20x8.5 OZ GT HLTs results in a virtually flush with the wheelwell fitment, they’re out further than the OEM wheels without a doubt.
Sponsored