Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE (Delivered Oct 2021)
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
I know this probably has already been discussed. But, is anybody else appalled by the level of customer service they're getting from their dealer. Maybe it's just my dealer but, there is such a lack of communication that it makes no sense. I reserved my GT in December and completed my order on the 28th when they became available in April. Since then, the only amount of communication I've gotten has been initiated by me. I think it's weird that Ford doesn't send out a weekly email. It could even say something as simple as no change. Instead they leave it at a lack of any communication and keep us in the dark. I brought this up to my dealer who just said, "we don't know anything that you don't.". I'm getting to the point where I'm really frustrated because Ford doesn't seem to care to want my business, and I 100% believe my dealer doesn't but I really don't want to cancel my order. Maybe I should and just move along and wait until all this junk is sorted out. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to wait, it's just the lack of communication is ridiculous. It wouldn't be accepted in any other instance or field.

Josh
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The dealer is just as in the dark as we are. I’m in the same boat. Reservation was converted to order on 4/27 and no communication other than communication initiated by me. My dealer just doesn’t have any news.

Skelton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Volvo XC60, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I sympathize with your frustration, as I wait for news on my own delivery.

However, it's not as uncommon as you might expect. Volvo XC40 buyers/owners have had the same type of experience this year. Completed vehicles sitting on a dock for 3+ months waiting for a software update, and no communication to buyers.

It isn't really comparable, but I special ordered a television with an expected 6 week delivery. I didn't hear anything for 9 weeks, and when I checked in to see about cancelling it had arrived that same day (some skepticism). I was given a ~10 day estimated delivery, and after it was picked up the tracking info never updated. 14 days after the planned delivery I received a call that it would show up the next day.

It's a mess out there right now. Could Ford do better? Sure, it'd be hard to do worse, but hang in there. We're all hoping they are learning from our experience so the next people can have less pain.