Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
When I took delivery of my GT (late at night - it's a long story), the front air dam was scratched on both sides, clearly in transit. I didn't notice it until the following day, so I texted the dealership and they said they'd fix it (which involved procuring the part, getting it painted, and installing it. In the end the work was actually done by the body shop of a dealership much closer to me. The total cost was about $1600 (which of course I didn't need to pay). I was told by the service manager that this kind of thing is common.

That said, @roroshah I agree with others that suggest you ask for photos of the damage and assurance that the car as delivered will be in new condition in every way. Best of luck!
Sponsored

Ghost Mach-E

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E Premium Awd -VW ID4 Pro s Awd
Country flag
I wouldn't be too concern. They were upfront and told you. Its unfortunate but it happens often. You will soon forget about the damage once you drive it for the first time.

Stangracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus IS350C Mach E GTPE
Country flag
That's what I was wondering. Is there some threshold of damage where they have to tell you?
Yes. It can vary by state but usually a fixed amount or sometimes a percentage of the value of the car.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
@Davedough has a GT-PE that was damaged before he took delivery. I am pretty sure this doesn’t show up on his car’s Carfax. 🤷‍♂️🐩
@roroshah Yep, he's correct. My car was delivered with a completely cracked front bumper/grill area. The dealership stroked the check for repairs, ordered replacement parts directly from the factory and it isn't on my Carfax, there's no diminished value and thankfully the car got to me looking perfect. It "only" took a month once the dealer had it but that was because finding a new grill cap was difficult.

It sucks, but things happen. As long as @Ford Motor Company and your dealership do right by you, it should be ok. I do agree though that their communication could have been better, but then again the communication has been poor for all of us when it comes to build and delivery

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
@roroshah
<SNIP>
I do agree though that their communication could have been better, but then again the communication has been poor for all of us when it comes to build and delivery
LOL If it wasn’t for the chip hold email I would have gotten no communication from Ford Corporate. My hat is off to members of our community here who helped to keep me (and I suppose many others) informed during those blackout days. 😊🐩

Brent1955

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME premium
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I would have felt lucky if it only had damage. Mine was totaled in transportation. Not much I could do about it and ordering a new one and waiting another 32 weeks is not realistic. My dealer just happened to have a similar car that was canceled by another customer, it's still another 8 weeks out. We'll see what happens. Great dealer, Ford's response to damage, not so much.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Long story short: we had ordered our mach-e back in October 2021, with a production date of 1/5. Shipment got delayed by 4 months because of chips and it finally arrived in Wilmington DE on 05/07/2022. Now it's been sitting at the lot for almost 2 weeks and the United Road delivery keeps getting pushed back every day. I've been emailing the dealer to find out more, and we decided to call him today to inquire again. He called back just now and said that he found out that the car has been damaged at Port Wilmington, and it needs to be taken to a body shop and will be delivered after the damages are repaired (which will be around $1,500). Ford didn't notify us of anything, and we've just been patiently waiting, but at this point it seems unbelievable and just absurd. I've been tracking other cars and other dealers near me and they've gotten deliveries without any issues. How realistic is this, and what should we do about it, if anything? Hoping @Ford Motor Company can find out more about this issue as well and have an official response.
I ordered a Plymouth Voyager in 1987. Took 6 weeks to arrive. Then I got the runaround from the dealer for two weeks. Finally they told me that it had fallen off the truck when being delivered to the dealer and the frame was bent. He offered me a discount if I wanted it but I declined and ordered a new one.
Sponsored