Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Nothing exciting (except to me) to report, but with the long weekend I finally got to do a thorough cleaning, clay bar, and ceramic coat put on. Looks so much better when clean and shiny.

And btw, for those that may not be in the know, using the clay bar is legit! I never used one before and holy Roddy Rowdy Piper did that make a huge difference! That car is so unbelievably smooth afterwards before applying the ceramic coating.

PXL_20220904_160852179.MP.jpg

PXL_20220904_160912777.MP.jpg
Yes! I second the clay bar. I waxed my DMG, and the orange microfibre polishing cloth was snagging very small contaminants on the paint.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
Is anybody else having a problem with DMG paint being unusually susceptible to rock chips? I have fewer than 700 miles on my 2022 Premium 4X and it has gotten 6 chips, four on the hood and two on the left-side doors, all occurring at different times. Prior to this I had a 2021 DMG Premium 4X and after 3k miles it had collected just two rock chips, ones that appeared to have came from the same tumbling pebble. The chips expose a white underlayer so they are immediately obvious thanks to the dark paint.

I had PPF installed this last week on the whole front end so that should help but it won't protect the sides of the car.

Ford Mustang Mach-E DARK MATTER GRAY Mach-E Club 1665331143907

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Is anybody else having a problem with DMG paint being unusually susceptible to rock chips? I have fewer than 700 miles on my 2022 Premium 4X and it has gotten 6 chips, four on the hood and two on the left-side doors, all occurring at different times. Prior to this I had a 2021 DMG Premium 4X and after 3k miles it had collected just two rock chips, ones that appeared to have came from the same tumbling pebble. The chips expose a white underlayer so they are immediately obvious thanks to the dark paint.

I had PPF installed this last week on the whole front end so that should help but it won't protect the sides of the car.

1665331143907.png
I have a few small chips. Another thing I notice are some water stains in the paint near the rear hatch area. Leaning into them with a waxing pad would not take them out. I will need some more aggressive polish.

You should get a paint touch up pen from your Ford Dealer to fill in those chips.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
I have a few small chips. Another thing I notice are some water stains in the paint near the rear hatch area. Leaning into them with a waxing pad would not take them out. I will need some more aggressive polish.

You should get a paint touch up pen from your Ford Dealer to fill in those chips.
My car was delivered by the dealer with the same problem, extremely stubborn water spots on the rear. They said the car was "detailed" but they to wipe water spots & runs around the car as well as inside the door, frunk & hatch jambs. It was surprisingly sloppy. Like you, I need to be more aggressive in my effort to get these old water spots out.

Thanks for the suggestion but I already have Ford touch-up paint as well as a kit from Dr Colorchip. The Dr Colorchip is easier to apply and covers the white spot inside each chip but it dries to a matt finish. I don't know yet if wax with brighten-up the flat finish. The Ford touch-up paint requires careful application and I'm not sure I have the skill level to apply it very well. I used the Ford touch-up paint on the two chips on my 2021 MME and the white disappeared but the spots could still be seen easily with the right light due to my unskilled application.

Below is a photo of a Dr Colorchip repair on the 2022 MME... it isn't that far away from the chip in the photo I posted earlier. (The two chips happened about 2 weeks apart.) The other flecks in the photo are either dust or water spots. The Dr Colorchip repairs are actually very hard to see unless the angle and light are just right.

Ford Mustang Mach-E DARK MATTER GRAY Mach-E Club 1665334156467

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E DARK MATTER GRAY Mach-E Club MachE

The MME is finally here. Officially part of the DMG club!! Sel SR AWD with the comfort package.

The whole process at Future Ford of Concord was painless and smooth. Patelco tried to raise the rate on the financing, but FF was able to get a rate under 4% with Safe America credit Union so kudos to them.

We will drive it a while, see what needs help and maybe do some modifications. Black wheels and 245 tires seem to be a good choice. I think there are also some nice upholstery changes that can be made. Katzkin even has one that can do ventilation i believe... Maybe coilover or sway bar. All to be figured out upon the journey!!!

Toelowe

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e (premium AWD)
Occupation
CEO sm company
Country flag
Hey, I'm a recent member of the DMG club... dang what a beautiful color in person!
So, I've went thru all 29 pages here and only one has shown any type of striping. Would love to see some pics! Anyone?

Toelowe

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e (premium AWD)
Occupation
CEO sm company
Country flag
Hey, I'm a recent member of the DMG club... dang what a beautiful color in person!
So, I've went thru all 29 pages here and only one has shown any type of striping. Would love to see some pics! Anyone?
Oh here's mine.... powder coated the OEM wheels black & painted calipers.
Ford Mustang Mach-E DARK MATTER GRAY Mach-E Club 20221117_085252

RicoSuave1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Dark Matter Gray Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Is it just mine or are these DMG MMEs major fingerprint magnets? I used to joke and talk trash about that guy that gets out of his car and wipes down his pretty much already clean car. Now I'm THAT guy! 😄

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
Got my DMG in March so this is long overdue but now she's got her winter boots on.

Ford Mustang Mach-E DARK MATTER GRAY Mach-E Club 20221121_145450

Ford Mustang Mach-E DARK MATTER GRAY Mach-E Club 20221121_145450
Nice. What wheels are those? can you share a direct pic of those rims? Cheers

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Nice. What wheels are those? can you share a direct pic of those rims? Cheers
Thanks. I was going to get rid of them because I didn't like em on Infinite Blue but I think they fit right in on DMG. I grabbed them off marketplace from someone with a xc60 or 90. Axis XQ is what Google says they are.

20221129_083210.jpg
Sponsored