Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi all, I’m a newbee to EV’s and take delivery of my new Mach-E AWD EXr next week…Very excited! Just need a bit of advice, if anyone out there knows?…I have a Nextbase dashcam that I would like to fit. My ford dealer doesn’t fit them and I read that Halfords won‘t touch the Mach-E, for some reason. Anyone have any experiences here? Many thanks. cgp777
Sponsored

Djmc321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I had a 2 channel Blackview 750s installed when I first got the car. There were no issues at all and the parking mode actually works much better than my last car which never seemed to be able to hold the required 12v output when off. Fuses, rear window and headliner all were easily accessible from what I could see. Also there's no DAB interference unlike my last car also.

Front camera is mounted under the rear view mirror so can't be seen from driving position. The only issue is the short rear wiper makes it hard to find a clear placement for the rear camera, but I found even when the top of the window is dirty/raining the camera picture is still enough so I've left it at the top of the rear window where it's generally out of my line of sight.

If you're near Surrey/SW London I'd definitely recommend Paul @ http://www.001mobile.com . He said he also already did the tracker install on the local dealer Mach E demo car, so was familiar with the layout.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi all, I’m a newbee to EV’s and take delivery of my new Mach-E AWD EXr next week…Very excited! Just need a bit of advice, if anyone out there knows?…I have a Nextbase dashcam that I would like to fit. My ford dealer doesn’t fit them and I read that Halfords won‘t touch the Mach-E, for some reason. Anyone have any experiences here? Many thanks. cgp777
Our Best Buy will install a purchased dash cam at no charge. The 622 at 399 is a good deal.

OP
OP

cgp777

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Our Best Buy will install a purchased dash cam at no charge. The 622 at 399 is a good deal.
Be great if they could open up a branch here in the UK?

OP
OP

cgp777

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had a 2 channel Blackview 750s installed when I first got the car. There were no issues at all and the parking mode actually works much better than my last car which never seemed to be able to hold the required 12v output when off. Fuses, rear window and headliner all were easily accessible from what I could see. Also there's no DAB interference unlike my last car also.

Front camera is mounted under the rear view mirror so can't be seen from driving position. The only issue is the short rear wiper makes it hard to find a clear placement for the rear camera, but I found even when the top of the window is dirty/raining the camera picture is still enough so I've left it at the top of the rear window where it's generally out of my line of sight.

If you're near Surrey/SW London I'd definitely recommend Paul @ http://www.001mobile.com . He said he also already did the tracker install on the local dealer Mach E demo car, so was familiar with the layout.
Thanks, will keep that link handy. Would normally look to fit it myself, but there may be a warranty issue, so would prefer professional install, unless someone has DIY-installed…?.

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
Nextbase do offer a fitting service - I ordered that the same time as ordering the dash cam from them but it does look like you can request fitting as a "standalone service" - they did a great job with mine! I've posted the link below...
Professional Home Fitting Single | Nextbase

Red Baron

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 2WD Standard Range
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Price of 622 at BestBuy is down to $319.99 and Free Installation

OP
OP

cgp777

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nextbase do offer a fitting service - I ordered that the same time as ordering the dash cam from them but it does look like you can request fitting as a "standalone service" - they did a great job with mine! I've posted the link below...
Professional Home Fitting Single | Nextbase
Thanks for the post and info. I didn’t know NB had an install service, so will make an enquiry. Cheers?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
If you do a DIY job that runs cables through the B pillar, be aware that this can be challenging since the air bag in it is tethered. I started down that path, then took it to professional installers to do the job properly.

OP
OP

cgp777

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you do a DIY job that runs cables through the B pillar, be aware that this can be challenging since the air bag in it is tethered. I started down that path, then took it to professional installers to do the job properly.
Thanks, thats a good point?

Subliminal64

First Name
Burnsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME AWD ER (x2) "Darth Maul" & "R2-D2"
Occupation
Working
Country flag
Here is a How To video that may be of assistance. Good luck! You got this!

Sponsored