DC Fast Charging update broke Level 2 charging at home.

exfordguy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lincoln Aviator. 202Mach-E Premium.
Occupation
Retired from Ford IT
Country flag
I've been using a direct wired FCCS exclusively for charging my Mach-E. We've only ever charged it at home, and the FCCS and the car have been charging flawlessly for the over 2 years we've had it. It has, literally, NEVER failed.

Then on June 5th I received the DC Fast Charging "fix" Priority Update 23-PU0105-DC-CHG2.

Since then, when I plug in the car, it will appear to start the charging process, and after a few minutes charging will stop, and the status on FordPass indicates "Plugged In. Not Charging."

Unplugging and reconnecting didn't work, and finally I tried pressing the button by the connector, removing the plug, waiting a minute or so, and plugging it back in, after which it finally started charging and completed to the desired level.

Well, last night, that workaround didn't work either. No error messages, no warnings, the FCCS status shows normal and shows the car plugged in. Everything seems normal, except that the car refuses to charge. I may try taking it to a public charging station just to see if it behaves any differently, but wondering if anyone out there has any insight as to what may be going on.

Coincidences occur, but this problem showed up immediately after this particular update.

20230606_034934000_iOS.png
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Look at your charge settings in the car. You probably need to adjust those and possibly just delete your home and re-add it.

TenaflyNJ

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT 2022 Grabber Blue
Occupation
Big Pimpin’
Country flag
I have found my at home charge speed drop from stable 9KWH to a slower 6KWH since this update. Starting to be annoyed.

OP
OP
exfordguy

exfordguy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired from Ford IT
Country flag
Haven't noticed that here. Once I finally coax it into starting the charge, it seems to finish in the usual amount of time.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Last edited:

Haydn12

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
IT
Country flag
We've had weird charging issues the past few weeks. Car would start charging immediately no matter what was set in FordPass. Went into the car and noticed the schedule was turned off. Had to turn on and set the schedule. We've had the same schedule for about 2 years now without issues. So, I think this same update wiped our schedule. Schedule in FP would always show 11PM to 2PM. Would change it and save. Next time going back into the app, it would reset to 11PM to 2PM.

OP
OP
exfordguy

exfordguy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired from Ford IT
Country flag
The plot thickens:

So, I am in the Early Access Program, and on the last survey they sent me about Power-up software updates, I explained the charging issues I've been experiencing since the DCFC update. Lo and behold, 2 days ago I get a call from the Ford Customer Assistance Center, and they tell me that Ford Engineering wants to replace the charge port on the car. It's a 2021 Job 1 Premium.

Stay tuned.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
The plot thickens:

So, I am in the Early Access Program, and on the last survey they sent me about Power-up software updates, I explained the charging issues I've been experiencing since the DCFC update. Lo and behold, 2 days ago I get a call from the Ford Customer Assistance Center, and they tell me that Ford Engineering wants to replace the charge port on the car. It's a 2021 Job 1 Premium.

Stay tuned.
Ooof so there's a possibility that this affects Job 1 cars. LOL, they couldn't have waited until they had the NACS ports. Seriously though there is a possibility that this affects all job 1 cars. To be continued...
Sponsored