First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Good morning all.

I reserved a Mach E in NJ. The dealer asked for a $1000 deposit on phone and I also then had to pay $500 deposit on Ford.com. I was verbally told that these deposits would be applied towards the purchase. Is that usual? Have people paid additional deposits to dealers other than Ford.com? Thank you.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If you do the order online at ford.com, you only need to pay the $500 deposit. If your dealer is requiring $1000 on top of that, get it in writing that the $1500 is refundable and will be applied to your purchase. Since you’re getting things in writing, make sure to get no ADM in writing, and anything else that might be important to you.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There should just be one deposit. Even if you pay it online, the deposit goes to your dealer. The only time it went to Ford was during the reservation stage before the order banks were opened. The default deposit amount is $500, but each dealer can change that to whatever they want. If they do increase the deposit amount, you should see that online during the order process. You shouldn't have to give two deposits.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
If you do the order online at ford.com, you only need to pay the $500 deposit. If your dealer is requiring $1000 on top of that, get it in writing that the $1500 is refundable and will be applied to your purchase. Since you’re getting things in writing, make sure to get no ADM in writing, and anything else that might be important to you.
Exactly this.

If you ordered online @ Ford.com, it's a $500 deposit, or whatever the dealer sets in their system. Dealers can also set their own markup in the Ford.com ordering system. You'll see that during the final pricing section.

If you ordered at the dealership with a salesperson or an inventory manager, they can charge whatever they want for a deposit. But, be sure to get IN WRITING if the deposit is refundable.

Also, if you are eligible to use X-Plan, ensure the dealer accepts that as well before moving forward.

OP
OP

drsss253

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Exactly this.

If you ordered online @ Ford.com, it's a $500 deposit, or whatever the dealer sets in their system. Dealers can also set their own markup in the Ford.com ordering system. You'll see that during the final pricing section.

If you ordered at the dealership with a salesperson or an inventory manager, they can charge whatever they want for a deposit. But, be sure to get IN WRITING if the deposit is refundable.

Also, if you are eligible to use X-Plan, ensure the dealer accepts that as well before moving forward.
I am eligible for X-plan but I had two dealers in NJ area deny that. Does anyone know of dealers in NJ area that are taking x-plan for Mach E?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I am eligible for X-plan but I had two dealers in NJ area deny that. Does anyone know of dealers in NJ area that are taking x-plan for Mach E?
Hopefully someone else can help with this.

I'm seeing more dealers accept X-Plan for Ford.com ordered vehicles, and NOT what is on the lot. Keep calling around, you'll find one. Even if it's a bit of a hike from you... savings are savings. That + whatever incentive you can get from using Ford Options should be enough to cover (most) of your state's new vehicle sales tax

We have a local large chain of Ford dealerships here run by the Koons family, and I get calls every day from at least one of them asking me to come in and buy a Mach-E they have sitting on the lot. You know why they're sitting? Because those stubbord fcuks are asking $5k AMV on a Select, up to $10k on a premium, and up to $30k on a GT... AND they won't accept X-plan.

GLW(the MF)S.

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
While it should be that you only pay the ford deposit, my dealer also asked for a $1000 deposit in addition to place the order. After confirming it was refundable I paid it because every other dealership in the area I talked to wanted to add an adm to orders or required the deposit to be non refundable. Dealers have too much power in this economy.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I used Ford.com to order 2022 MME premium AWD ext. batt. on 7 Dec 2021. During that online process I had to choose from the 3 dealers under 10 miles away. Then, I was directed to pay a $1500 deposit to complete the order. I saw language that said to talk to the dealer about refund policy on the deposit. So, I called the dealer and was told that I needed to come to the dealer to complete the process, but was told that their deposit policy was to fully refund a deposit if the order was cancelled. I completed the online process and went to the dealer later that day. The dealer rep indicated that the order was already confirmed by them and all they needed from me was copy of my ID and signature on the order sheet. The deposit will go toward the purchase price specified on the order. I was never told that $500 of my deposit would go to Ford and $1000 would go to the dealer or that I would need to get separate refunds upon cancellation. For me, it's no matter since I hope to keep the ordering/buying experience positive and not get angry or upset unless something bad actually happens.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I used Ford.com to order 2022 MME premium AWD ext. batt. on 7 Dec 2021. During that online process I had to choose from the 3 dealers under 10 miles away. Then, I was directed to pay a $1500 deposit to complete the order. I saw language that said to talk to the dealer about refund policy on the deposit. So, I called the dealer and was told that I needed to come to the dealer to complete the process, but was told that their deposit policy was to fully refund a deposit if the order was cancelled. I completed the online process and went to the dealer later that day. The dealer rep indicated that the order was already confirmed by them and all they needed from me was copy of my ID and signature on the order sheet. The deposit will go toward the purchase price specified on the order. I was never told that $500 of my deposit would go to Ford and $1000 would go to the dealer or that I would need to get separate refunds upon cancellation. For me, it's no matter since I hope to keep the ordering/buying experience positive and not get angry or upset unless something bad actually happens.
Interesting as I ordered online on 11/11 and the deposit was for only $500 and my dealer confirmed the deposit went to them and would be applied to the purchase of my vehicle when I take delivery.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What part of NJ?

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Interesting as I ordered online on 11/11 and the deposit was for only $500 and my dealer confirmed the deposit went to them and would be applied to the purchase of my vehicle when I take delivery.
I believe deposits amounts are dealer dependent. They can set what they want the amount to be.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I believe deposits amounts are dealer dependent. They can set what they want the amount to be.
Yes they are and I happen to have a great dealer only requiring a $500 deposit and no ADM on Mach E's even if a customer backs out on the deal.

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD Comfort & Tech Package
Country flag
There should just be one deposit. Even if you pay it online, the deposit goes to your dealer. The only time it went to Ford was during the reservation stage before the order banks were opened. The default deposit amount is $500, but each dealer can change that to whatever they want. If they do increase the deposit amount, you should see that online during the order process. You shouldn't have to give two deposits.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I made my deposit back in November 2021 of $500 for an online order and I just took delivery and I did not see my $500 being put towards the price of the of the Mach E. I thought it went towards the purchase of the vehicle and not to the dealer.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Correct me if I am wrong, but I made my deposit back in November 2021 of $500 for an online order and I just took delivery and I did not see my $500 being put towards the price of the of the Mach E. I thought it went towards the purchase of the vehicle and not to the dealer.
Deposit should have been applied to purchase of the ordered MME. How did you do with the price protection?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Dealer deposits 1658974295943

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Your dealer owes you $500.
Sponsored