Clw2230

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Any good/bad experience at local dealers on your Mach e? I plan on putting in order in next week and am curious if 1 dealer has more experience than others. I’d like to buy from a dealer that has some experience with the MME. Thanks!
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I took delivery of my MME back in March and haven’t taken it in for service yet.
I purchased from Bonnell Ford in Winchester.

When I was at the dealership last month with our Explorer, I asked the service tech if they’ve done any of the Mache module updates yet and he said he didn’t think so.

The Mach e and electric vehicles in general will need much less service than ice cars. With 1 pedal driving, the brakes should last considerably longer than an ICE car. It’s really just tires and software that a mache will be needing in the future. If Ford can speed up the cadence of OTA, then it’s just tires as the only service item in the first several years of ownership that we’ll need.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I took delivery of my MME back in March and haven’t taken it in for service yet.
I purchased from Bonnell Ford in Winchester.

When I was at the dealership last month with our Explorer, I asked the service tech if they’ve done any of the Mache module updates yet and he said he didn’t think so.

The Mach e and electric vehicles in general will need much less service than ice cars. With 1 pedal driving, the brakes should last considerably longer than an ICE car. It’s really just tires and software that a mache will be needing in the future. If Ford can speed up the cadence of OTA, then it’s just tires as the only service item in the first several years of ownership that we’ll need.
Bonnell has been my go to dealership for a few years now. I didn’t get the Mach E there because they didn’t have the inventory, but I know one of their service staff owns one. She bought their mannequin 4X. So I’m hoping she will be the Guinea pig for any service and recalls.

I bought mine from Gervais Ford in Littleton back in May. They had a dealer order that was a month out and I put down a deposit on. Got a great trade in for my 14 Fusion. Worked with Lance, it was a great experience. No ADM, got the XPlan discount.

No matter who you go with, make sure you get it in writing that there will be no ADM, and if they accept XPlan or any other incentives.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
Any good/bad experience at local dealers on your Mach e? I plan on putting in order in next week and am curious if 1 dealer has more experience than others. I’d like to buy from a dealer that has some experience with the MME. Thanks!
Where are you and how far are you willing to drive? If you are in Boston, are you intending to drive to North Adams?

OP
OP

Clw2230

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Where are you and how far are you willing to drive? If you are in Boston, are you intending to drive to North Adams?
I’m in Natick. The closest dealers would be Framingham Ford or Herb Chambers out in Westborough

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m in Natick. The closest dealers would be Framingham Ford or Herb Chambers out in Westborough
I ended up working with Colonial Ford of Marlboro. Gervais in Ayer also seemed to pretty straight dealing. Colonial offered XPlan, which Gervais did not. Seeing Gullwingdmc's post above, XPlan seems a bit variable.

I sent the following email to a number of dealers within the radius I had selected:

"I am in the process of selecting of a dealer to order a Ford Mach-E Extended Range All-Wheel Drive Premium in Ice Blue Silver Metallic.
The Ford Mach-E website reflects the following for pricing.

DEALER SELLING PRICE

• BASE MSRP $48,100
  • TOTAL OPTIONS $7,700
  • DESTINATION AND DELIVERY CHARGE $1,100
  • DEALER SELLING PRICE $56,900
In selecting a dealer to place the order thru, I have several questions.

First, do you participate in the Ford X-Plan? As required by the Plan rules, I am identifying myself as a Partner Recognition participant.

Second, will your dealership add additional markup to my order?

Third, please provide an itemized listing of all fees and the amount your dealership will charge on the transaction above the above Dealer Selling or X-Plan price."

Once I had thier responses, I narrowed the list, I took a look at DealerRater - some of the larger dealers draw a bunch of hate.

Last was a vist to get a sense of the dealership.

No measurement of success yet, I have the DORA #, but no order yet, but I am only two weeks in.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Clw2230

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Thanks for the response. I’ll reach out to Colonial Ford as well.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the response. I’ll reach out to Colonial Ford as well.
Ask for Brad Grout - He seems to take midweek off but is in on Fridays.