Dealers don't want to service Mach-E's?

Compared to a “normal” car, how was your Mach-E dealer service experience (check up to two)?

• There were no issues getting it in and diagnosed.

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • My dealer was initially unsure/minor issues but eventually worked on it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think my dealer was making excuses or lying to avoid having to work on it.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • An EV certified dealer refused to look at it.

• My dealer said they didn’t have the tools, software, and/or training to fix it.

• I haven’t had an issue that needed a dealer repair yet.

Votes: 19 44.2%

• Total voters

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Reading thorough this forum I've seen more than a few reports of people having issues getting their car into a dealer for service. This pertains to the initial experience of actually getting the car into the shop, not what happens afterwards (e.g. part delays are a separate issue).

In some cases, it almost seems like the dealer service department had some kind of bias or agenda against the car and this generates some form of objection or pushback against being able to service your Mach-E. For example, saying they are unable to program a second key fob, this is untrue (it's a 20 minute procedure with the scan tool, the same as all other Ford vehicles). Other examples could be very direct such as saying "we can't fix it", or indirect such as letting it sit indefinitely without scheduling a service time. Some of this is to be expected for any vehicle, but if you think the issue was specifically because you own a Mach-E instead of an Explorer for example, please consider responding.

I should note that not all Ford dealers work on EV vehicles, but the dealer that sold your car should be EV certified (the only dealers that can order them). EV service may be new to your dealer, but by now they should have the tools and training to work on them (vs. earlier this year some dealers weren't capable yet). All dealers that are EV certified should be able to perform all service bulletins, module programming, PATS key fob programming, and battery services. You can check if your dealer is EV certified here (click on "Advanced Search" and filter by EV certified): https://www.ford.com/dealerships/

If some dealers are refusing work because of a negative bias against the Mach-E, this should be reported to Ford. Dealers with this attitude should not be able to continue selling EV's. Feel free to share your experiences, or if you have questions about whether or not a particular service should have been available.
Sponsored

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
First dealer I called (closest one to me) said it would be at least 3 weeks till I could get in and that "the car is just as new to them as it is to me" as a response to me asking if they had any idea what it could be.

Next morning I went to the dealer I bought from a little further away (largest volume Ford dealer in PNW) right at opening and they had me in and out with my software update within an hour. Obviously they were more knowledgeable

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
First dealer I called (closest one to me) said it would be at least 3 weeks till I could get in and that "the car is just as new to them as it is to me" as a response to me asking if they had any idea what it could be.

Next morning I went to the dealer I bought from a little further away (largest volume Ford dealer in PNW) right at opening and they had me in and out with my software update within an hour. Obviously they were more knowledgeable
Which was the good one? Need to remember when I bring mine down there in the future :p

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My closest dealer only has one tech who is certified for the Mach E. And it can be a chore scheduling an appointment with him.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Our dealer came up with multiple excuses for NOT being able to program a 2nd Key Fob but they did pay for it when we got it done at another dealer!! This was our solution for the PAAK Problem!!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I had the sunglasses holder in the headliner replaced and the PaaK update. After the headliner part arrived I came back and was in and out in an hour and a half. PaaK working much better now. 100% fob free for almost 7 months now.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
Which was the good one? Need to remember when I bring mine down there in the future :p
It'd be about a 3 (4-5 with traffic sometimes I swear lol) hour drive for you from Seattle- Damerow Ford in Beaverton. These guys had about 20 MME's on their lot when I bought mine and had more on the way. In all my searching, I didnt really see any with that sort of already delivered inventory.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
In my opinion, which along with $6 will get you a venti americano at Starbucks, this is an area where Ford should take a play out of Tesla’s playbook and tweak it a bit…

as I have previously said, Ford needs to set up regional Level 2 EV service centers. That way, when your local service department gets in over their head, they can send the vehicle to a shop where all they do is work on EV’s. This would also make it easier for engineer teams to get to where the strange problems are. They wouldn’t need to travel to each and every dealership, but rather to the regional Level 2 shop.

Once these Level 2 shops are set up and running, they could bring the techs from the dealership service departments out for a week or two of intensive hands on training on EV’s and the issues that they see regularly. Those techs would then take that knowledge back to their level 1 shop.

Cavi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw x1
Country flag
my dealer took my car, but after several back and forths with Ford, they told me that ford told them not to tough the stereo issues as Ford is working on a fix and it was not ready yet....... BS

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
It'd be about a 3 (4-5 with traffic sometimes I swear lol) hour drive for you from Seattle- Damerow Ford in Beaverton. These guys had about 20 MME's on their lot when I bought mine and had more on the way. In all my searching, I didnt really see any with that sort of already delivered inventory.
My family is in Portland, so that'll be a semi-frequent destination when mine arrives. Was just hoping you weren't going to say Landmark ;) Up here my plan was AutoNation Bellevue or Evergreen, dropping Ford of Kirkland for their crazy markups on everything from vehicles to parts.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
The local community college has had an EV training program for 10+ years. I talked to him at their car show (my wife showed her MME there on day 2) and he told me his students have more job offers than almost any other discipline at the school.
Sponsored