MojoWorking

First Name
Mojo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport & MME
Country flag
Hi All, looking for recommendations on where to take my MME for recall service and software updates. I live in Washington DC and purchased my MME at Koons Ford in Silver Spring Maryland, but my EV car buying experience from them was less than poor. Ideally, I'd like a dealership that knows how to deal with the MME. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hi All, looking for recommendations on where to take my MME for recall service and software updates. I live in Washington DC and purchased my MME at Koons Ford in Silver Spring Maryland, but my EV car buying experience from them was less than poor. Ideally, I'd like a dealership that knows how to deal with the MME. Thanks in advance.
Actually, Koons Silver Spring has done a great job of training up on the Mach E. They worked directly with the Regional Service Engineer and Dearborn to identify one of the earliest software issues and even conducted the first primary drive unit transplant on a customer car. They’ve given me software updates I hadn’t even asked for when I came in for other service. Marlin will be going in there for 10k mile service, warranty inspection (windows recall) and software updates on Monday.

Who was your sales person?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Actually, Koons Silver Spring has done a great job of training up on the Mach E. They worked directly with the Regional Service Engineer and Dearborn to identify one of the earliest software issues and even conducted the first primary drive unit transplant on a customer car. They’ve given me software updates I hadn’t even asked for when I came in for other service. Marlin will be going in there for 10k mile service, warranty inspection (windows recall) and software updates on Monday.

You can read about Koons Silver Spring’s crash course in Mach E repair back in February here:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-battery-lvb-followed-by-stuck-in-park.3490/

OP
OP
MojoWorking

MojoWorking

First Name
Mojo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport & MME
Country flag

Thanks I'll give their service department a chance. Was unimpressed with my new car delivery from them, so I have been avoiding them.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The dealer I use for service…. I would never buy a car from them. They’re sales people are idiots. But the service department is usually pretty good AND the parts guy is amazing.
One department isn’t always a good indicator of the other.
Sponsored