Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Happily retired 😊
Country flag
I get these poor souls all the time. They see me in an EV especially since I have a MME GTx. and I guess they need a testosterone boost or they’re just having a bad day. My suggestion may be hard for some to take, but simply chill. Enjoy your car and keep it on automatic cruise control🙏☸
😊
Sponsored

DB_From_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME, Chevy Volt
Occupation
Business Mgr
Country flag
I had my first "situation" just this weekend. I was at a light that was the entry to a highway and next to me was what looked like a 2014 Ford Mustang (GT?). After a few seconds, I hear him rev his engine, which made me smirk...but I didn't believe he was seriously trying to race. The light turns green and he mashes the accelerator. The onramp merges, so I wasn't going to try and get into an accident, but I move right up behind him and can hear his engine burbling and gurgling loudly. I follow for about a mile and we both offramp to a secondary highway. The area was clear, so I nailed it and while tried mightily to stay ahead, there was nothing he could do but watch me fly right passed him.

Not sure if it was an ICE vs. EV thing, or a "How dare you wear the Mustang badge", but either way, he got owned by a 2022 Mustang Mach-E Premier AWD.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
I do not why, but the cars that want to pull up and race me the most?

Pickups.

RXDOC

First Name
Hoss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 22 Buick Enclave , 23 Hyundai Ioniq 6
Occupation
Clinical Pharmacist
Country flag
Nothing good can happen when you race on public roads. Don't encourage the fools that pull up next to you. You have a lot more to lose than they do.
This is so true!
As a gear head, who has tracked several great track cars, including a 500HP (modded) 911 996 TT, AWD. Let me tell you, going stupid-fast in a straight line, on a public road, proves nothing. Only that you have very few brain cells.
Anyone challenging you to a race, probably a car-guy, knows exactly what your HP and 0-60 times are. So you have nothing to prove!
I had two idiot guys, one in a Mustang GT, one in a Hemi Charger, pull to both sides of me. This as after racing each other from stop light to stop light. You could hear them coming from far back.
At the light, they were revving their engines on both sides of me. Got to say, modified exhausts on V8s, sounds great. I smiled and waved to both, they took off, and I slowly crept forward.
Again, they knew what I had, there was nothing to prove other than my absolute stupidity!
I have been totally embarrassed, on a road course (RoadAtlanta), while driving a 500HP Porsche 911TT, by a random sports car with 200HP. A skilled driver makes up for Low HP.
Like my driving instructor would tell me, when I was making up for slow corners, by going fast on the straights, "a trained monkey can go fast on a straight road" - and that says it all!