Does anyone know why I am getting these lights on the charging unit?

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I guess it might...but I only ever plugged in something that was 48A or below on the circuit that my 14-50 outlet used to be on. So I'm trying to figure out where this is going....

The old Ford portable EVSE I used to use pulled 32A max. I don't use that anymore becasue they overheat internally all the time. The EVSE overheats...not the circuit it was connected to.

The new Wallbox Plus I use now, directly wired, (14-50 outlet removed) is supposed to pull 48A max. So I'm wondering how this got transmuted to me pulling 60 amps on a 14-50 outlet that's rated up to 50 amps. I've never done that.
Don’t overthink it. It’s supposed to be idiot proofed - even for yourself. Maybe someday, years later, you forgot how you wired it and plugged the wrong thing in. Maybe the next owner has no idea that the 14-50 outlet is actually rated for only 50 amps and that the outlet has a 60 amp breaker behind it. A lot of people only know a little about electricity. Of course, it’s OBE, now that you took the 14-50 outlet off and hard-wired the WallBox.
Sponsored