Does the Federal EV Tax Credit delay a refund?

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I did. Turbo Tax shows the refund as accepted. But also still says to expect my refund on 2/25. My Son’s return, which we filed the same day, DID get his return on the 25th.
I’ll try the app but I’m not sure it will give me any different results than https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Edit: found my problem. I was entering my total amount of refund which TurboTax shows in big bold numerals. It includes the state AND federal. When I entered just the federal refund amount the IRS admitted to knowing me. But only said my refund was still being processed.
?
Sponsored

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Filed my taxes and claimed the EV credit for my Mach-E, and I’ve been waiting an unusual amount of time for my Federal refund to arrive. Anybody have any experience with this? Does filing for the EV credit introduce additional processing delays?
Yes I would say so, Mine (with 2 rebates) is delayed too, Monday is the 21 day mark.……

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Basically, the more complex your return, the longer it may take to get it reviewed or approved. Every additional form adds complexity.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I filed my 2021 taxes, with the ev credit, and had my refund within 2 weeks.
Sponsored