Does This Transit Time Estimate Make Any Sense?

TxTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I find it interesting that my build date was 2/04 and my ship date was 2/10, but delivery to my dealer in DFW area (Five Star Ford, Carrollton) is estimated to be APRIL 2-8. I don't think the ship date means "wheels turning." Maybe just when paperwork was turned over to the carrier? Any thoughts on a 51-57 day transit time...to Texas?
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Just keep following all the trackers (and contacting your dealer).

My transit time to MI was listed as 35 days, ended up being around 20. For some people it takes longer for some shorter--depends on if the car sits somewhere during the shipping process.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I find it interesting that my build date was 2/04 and my ship date was 2/10, but delivery to my dealer in DFW area (Five Star Ford, Carrollton) is estimated to be APRIL 2-8. I don't think the ship date means "wheels turning." Maybe just when paperwork was turned over to the carrier? Any thoughts on a 51-57 day transit time...to Texas?
You will be fine. All TX deliveries ETA is messed up.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Who knows how they come up with those estimates. Mine was built 1/19, shipped 2/9, and has an ETA of 4/2.

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
All we can do is speculate, but I think there are some logistics issues gumming things up somewhere along the line. Mine shipped on 1/23 and still isn't showing up on Palsapp. I'm guessing there have been just enough winter storms over the last few weeks to create some backlogs in the shipping and logistics world.

They are probably building in some buffer in case those backlogs do not get better, or get worse. You may likely get lucky and find out they are under promising, but will overdeliver.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Anecdotal but may help alleviate fears:

Mine was built 1/8
Shipped 1/18 with ETA of Feb6
Arrived in KC 1/29
Delay email said delivery end of Feb.
Loaded on a rail car in KC bound for DFW on 2/2
Made it to southern Kansas 2/5 and then sat there until 2/9
Made it to Alliance rail yard (15 miles from dealer) on 2/10 and transferred to a trucking company
As of 9:20 AM on 2/12 hasn't made it to the dealer yet but I gotta believe it could be any moment.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The Palsapp people told me directly that the palsapp tracker is unreliable and often the data is not entered.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Just keep following all the trackers (and contacting your dealer).

My transit time to MI was listed as 35 days, ended up being around 20. For some people it takes longer for some shorter--depends on if the car sits somewhere during the shipping process.
don't give me hope of an early delivery. ?

digdug52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4X, 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My build date and ship date are identical to yours, but I have estimated delivery dates of March 6-12 to the Five Star Ford North Richland Hills store. I think mine may be a bit ambitious but yours seems to have way to much padding. More than likely our vehicles will be travelling together up to the trucks to take them to the dealers. I will bet your dates will be changing for the better and you will have by the third or last week of March.
Sponsored