rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
Does anyone know if we will be able to use a pet mode (climate control) while off to keep our dogs in the car. Something akin to Tesla.
Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I hope so. Would not take much to implement it. The batteries are more than capable of supporting this.

One fear I have with Ford is not being able to implement customer requested features. OR, choosing not to do so and making 'upgrades' to later models to try and woo people to trade in their cars.

This is one category that Tesla excels in. So many software features exist because someone Tweeted Elon and asked for an app or a quality of life improvement. I really hope Ford does the same thing with their EVs.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I hope so. Would not take much to implement it. The batteries are more than capable of supporting this.

One fear I have with Ford is not being able to implement customer requested features. OR, choosing not to do so and making 'upgrades' to later models to try and woo people to trade in their cars.

This is one category that Tesla excels in. So many software features exist because someone Tweeted Elon and asked for an app or a quality of life improvement. I really hope Ford does the same thing with their EVs.
Agreed....it would be great if Ford allowed us to tweet messages to 'Team Edison'...or record a voice note in the car that gets sent to them automatically (like Tesla)--then updates get implemented and pushed to the vehicles via OTA. I fear they won't however.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
My Bolt and MB B250 can both do it for a short time.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Of course, if it is 100F outside and some good samaritan walking by sees your dog inside, and doesn't realize you have electric air conditioning, you may get a brick thru your window in order to "save" Fido.
Tesla's dog mode puts up a display in the main screen in big letters.
ces-dog-mode-thanks-to-customer-suggestion-960x540.jpg

Of course someone may not actually read it and still throw a brick through the window trying to be a good samaritan.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I am sure Ford knows about this forum and has been paying attention - but hard to track with thousands of posts...they do need a system to crowd source improvements to make it easier on everyone...imagine the customer experience that Ford will build if they executed something like that...

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I am sure Ford knows about this forum and has been paying attention - but hard to track with thousands of posts...they do need a system to crowd source improvements to make it easier on everyone...imagine the customer experience that Ford will build if they executed something like that...
Didn't images and hidden webpages of the Mach-E leak on this forum days before the actual launch? Soon afterwards, Ford disabled the website, showing someone at Ford monitored this site. Sounds like it would be smart business-sense to do so.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Why would they have OTA if it's not to improve things, and some of them will likely come from the users.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
As a non-dog owner, I personally think this is more of a party trick then a real value, but I'm sure there are dog lovers at Ford and they definitely know the features they are competing against so I'm sure this is somewhere on their backlog. Not sure if they will be focusing on matching the competition or if they prefer to innovate something new, I'm guessing some of both.

As far as functionality, isn't dog or pet mode the same as just running the AC or heat while parked (which isn't an unique feature) coupled with a display that is supposed to let concerned people know the inside temp or is there more to it?

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Didn't images and hidden webpages of the Mach-E leak on this forum days before the actual launch? Soon afterwards, Ford disabled the website, showing someone at Ford monitored this site. Sounds like it would be smart business-sense to do so.
I think it was after sites such as InsideEvs and Electrec reported it and brought it to the wider distribution.

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
As a non-dog owner, I personally think this is more of a party trick then a real value, but I'm sure there are dog lovers at Ford and they definitely know the features they are competing against so I'm sure this is somewhere on their backlog. Not sure if they will be focusing on matching the competition or if they prefer to innovate something new, I'm guessing some of both.

As far as functionality, isn't dog or pet mode the same as just running the AC or heat while parked (which isn't an unique feature) coupled with a display that is supposed to let concerned people know the inside temp or is there more to it?
I quite often have my dog with me while stopping to run errands, such as picking up groceries on the way home. The only solution is to leave the car running and absolutely hate to do so, mainly due to the idea of emissions it generates just idling there. In Europe such activity would actually be illegal. If I left the MEE ā€running ā€œ the same way- Iā€™d be very concerned someone breaking in to save my doggo who often does jump around alone in the car, mistakenly looking like heā€™s in trouble.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Tesla's dog mode puts up a display in the main screen in big letters.
Ford Mustang Mach-E dog mode ces-dog-mode-thanks-to-customer-suggestion-960x540

Of course someone may not actually read it and still throw a brick through the window trying to be a good samaritan.
As long as they also add a sentry mode to go along with it you can then a least see who threw the brick.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I use it so my car is still warm/cool when I get in it after stopping at the store. It will hold the temperature for 50 minutes. I've never actually used it for my dog. lol.
Sponsored